17 SI Coupe
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 SI Coupe
Country flag
I’m running the catted DP and full street system. I’ve driving a few days, out of the blue today, the emissions system warning came on. I have Hondata flashpro so “somehow...hAha” I think I can turn it off, but I thought if I ran the catted DP there shouldn’t be any emissions issues? Thoughts?
Sponsored

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’m running the catted DP and full street system. I’ve driving a few days, out of the blue today, the emissions system warning came on. I have Hondata flashpro so “somehow...hAha” I think I can turn it off, but I thought if I ran the catted DP there shouldn’t be any emissions issues? Thoughts?
p0299 slow o2 response maybe?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Aegean Blue
pretty sure only the RV6 is the most resistant to getting a CEL. You'll need to disable the secondary o2 sensor on the hondata to get rid of the code. Makes me sad considering I have a catted dp too and live I NY

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
High flow cats like the ones in these performance DPs can still can throw codes. Best to either install a defouler or disable the code. I don't have hondata, so I cant help you with disabling but you can pick up a defouler for a few bucks.

Last edited:

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
So uh, should the front pipe have a hole for an o2 sensor?

Screenshot_20190223-105218_Instagram.jpg
Yes if you want to install a wideband, should have a bung you can screw into it to fill the hole in the box somewhere.

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
@MAPerformance @Daelen@MAP

Have you guys sorted out all the issues from the pre-order guys to the batches afterwards yet? Have you guys looked into making the the exhaust sit inside of the housing better?

I know the biggest concern were the black tips and missing parts that people didn’t have.

I’m way too far out in Guam and shipping as is takes awhile. I don’t want to get my vehicle up in the air only to realize that I’m missing a flange or tips are misaligned or missing coupler/band. How have you improved your quality assurance? Have you guys fixed the jig that was making all the exhausts as I remember reading there was an issue with that.

Please confirm .... I’m ready to pull the trigger...

Daelen@MAP

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
@MAPerformance @Daelen@MAP

Have you guys sorted out all the issues from the pre-order guys to the batches afterwards yet? Have you guys looked into making the the exhaust sit inside of the housing better?

I know the biggest concern were the black tips and missing parts that people didn’t have.

I’m way too far out in Guam and shipping as is takes awhile. I don’t want to get my vehicle up in the air only to realize that I’m missing a flange or tips are misaligned or missing coupler/band. How have you improved your quality assurance? Have you guys fixed the jig that was making all the exhausts as I remember reading there was an issue with that.

Please confirm .... I’m ready to pull the trigger...

From all of my records all GB orders had shipped out at least two months ago actually, if not longer. There were a few Black tip ones that were getting re-done from the early batch, but the not black ones had all been shipped long before that.

We have made some changes to Jigs to insure they tuck up how we want them to, so if looking to buy we are ready for you!

-Daelen

dodgeswinger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
We have made some changes to Jigs to insure they tuck up how we want them to, so if looking to buy we are ready for you!

-Daelen
That is great to hear. I just wish my exhaust could have been made on the updated jig. Mine hangs to low if I use the hangers that came on my exhaust. I am forced to use clamp on hangers to get it to tuck into the floor pan the way that I want it to on my car. It is a little disappointing, but damn it sure does sound good.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Aegean Blue
That is great to hear. I just wish my exhaust could have been made on the updated jig. Mine hangs to low if I use the hangers that came on my exhaust. I am forced to use clamp on hangers to get it to tuck into the floor pan the way that I want it to on my car. It is a little disappointing, but damn it sure does sound good.
We're the beta testers I guess :dunno: But yeah, the exhaust sounds so good. Cant wait to install the downpipe.

dodgeswinger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
We're the beta testers I guess :dunno: But yeah, the exhaust sounds so good. Cant wait to install the downpipe.
Somebody has to be the Guinea pigs, that’s just the way she goes. I cannot bring myself to weld new hangers on the exhaust. MAPerformance’s welds look so nice and mine will look like ass next to theirs. Lol.

JC671

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
From all of my records all GB orders had shipped out at least two months ago actually, if not longer. There were a few Black tip ones that were getting re-done from the early batch, but the not black ones had all been shipped long before that.

-Daelen
What about the quality assurance inspections? To ensure all required pieces of the exhaust and bolts, clamps are accounted for?

Again, I don’t want any hiccups or missing parts being so far away. Please advice. Thanks @Daelen@MAP .

Daelen@MAP

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag

By no means am I saying that there is a huge change in how it sits on the car, and the jig has not been changed in how the pipe is made. Only removing any area for "interpretation" to prevent issues. There are some areas on the car where it just hangs a bit low, when fitting 3" pipe under the car there is a compromise of ground clearance and preventing it from contacting the chassis under movement. If you want to shoot over some pictures, id be happy to look at them to verify the part is exactly what i would expect to see. If it is not, we would be more than happy to rectify that situation.

Daelen@MAP

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
What about the quality assurance inspections? To ensure all required pieces of the exhaust and bolts, clamps are accounted for?

Again, I don’t want any hiccups or missing parts being so far away. Please advice. Thanks @Daelen@MAP .

I will not say mistakes do not happen, as we are only human. But we have added many steps to our process over the years, and even more recently from Quality control, to scanner systems for shipping and packaging to prevent issues as best we can. Our shipping team goes though multiple check points that catch most issues at this time. If for some reason an issue happens, it is our top priority to take care of that very quickly.

JC671

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I will not say mistakes do not happen, as we are only human. But we have added many steps to our process over the years, and even more recently from Quality control, to scanner systems for shipping and packaging to prevent issues as best we can. Our shipping team goes though multiple check points that catch most issues at this time. If for some reason an issue happens, it is our top priority to take care of that very quickly.
Thank you, ordered on the 4th..... can’t wait to receive this item and do some vids and review.

mmuldoon

17 SI Coupe
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 SI Coupe
Country flag
I just realized when storing my stock parts, that my installer didn’t remove the factory heat shield from the stock DP before they installed my MAP catted DP, I expect them to correct it, but will they have to remove the DP to install the heat shield, or you think they will be able to get it attached without a ton of effort?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.