joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Update on my experience with MAPerformance Exhaust. I have had this installed for a little over a month now and I absolutely love it.
I had some hard feeling on the volume of the Street version for the first couple of weeks but I think most of that was culture shock. Now I almost wish it was a little louder (not really its perfectly loud enough)
I gave it some time to get used to it and now I dont even remember how quiet the stock sound was. I will say that a little "drone" comes out when going 80 mph consistently. If you go the speed limit which is usually 70 then the drone is just about not there. I usually go 80 if I am on a road trip. After about an hour straight of 80 mph, I can hear my ears ring a little. But its not over the top at all. It can mostly be drown out with music. You dont even have to blast the music to drown it out either. Its not a deal breaker by any means. If you are on the road with your SI all the time, then maybe it would kinda suck if you tend to go much over 75 mph. This is honestly my only negative.
The sound quality is just awesome. I have a catted DP which I think was the absolute best route to take if you are upgrading your DP. I dont think the catless brings a lot extra HP to the table. I dont know what I sound like outside of the car because I dont have any buddies that I trust that know how to drive a stick.:nono:
From what I can tell, it is a sound that no other has. I can laugh at other ricer Hondas that have that shitty fart can sound that everyone has heard at least 100 times in their life. I was worried about this car not having a good exhaust note but MAP with out a doubt pulled through on this. 100% recommend to anybody that is looking to upgrade their exhaust. All the other options I have heard just sounds like garbage compared to this product. Good job MAP and thank you!:thumbsup:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Aegean Blue
Update on my experience with MAPerformance Exhaust. I have had this installed for a little over a month now and I absolutely love it.
I had some hard feeling on the volume of the Street version for the first couple of weeks but I think most of that was culture shock. Now I almost wish it was a little louder (not really its perfectly loud enough)
I gave it some time to get used to it and now I dont even remember how quiet the stock sound was. I will say that a little "drone" comes out when going 80 mph consistently. If you go the speed limit which is usually 70 then the drone is just about not there. I usually go 80 if I am on a road trip. After about an hour straight of 80 mph, I can hear my ears ring a little. But its not over the top at all. It can mostly be drown out with music. You dont even have to blast the music to drown it out either. Its not a deal breaker by any means. If you are on the road with your SI all the time, then maybe it would kinda suck if you tend to go much over 75 mph. This is honestly my only negative.
The sound quality is just awesome. I have a catted DP which I think was the absolute best route to take if you are upgrading your DP. I dont think the catless brings a lot extra HP to the table. I dont know what I sound like outside of the car because I dont have any buddies that I trust that know how to drive a stick.:nono:
From what I can tell, it is a sound that no other has. I can laugh at other ricer Hondas that have that shitty fart can sound that everyone has heard at least 100 times in their life. I was worried about this car not having a good exhaust note but MAP with out a doubt pulled through on this. 100% recommend to anybody that is looking to upgrade their exhaust. All the other options I have heard just sounds like garbage compared to this product. Good job MAP and thank you!:thumbsup:
Agreed 100%. Have the catted dp but haven't installed yet. Got the front pipe and exhaust on and it sounds amazing. I know exactly where you're coming from by saying you wish it was louder but not lol. The pops and burbles are fucking awesome (I now exclusively back I to parking spots because of this) and the volume is just right. Had my buddy follow me for about 20 minutes to see if he could hear my exhaust while doing so, he said he couldn't (granted he was driving a Toyota avalon). Had my old man run it up and down the block and it sounds great from the outside. I'd say after about 30 feet it's not noticeable unless you're going heavy on it. Good to know it wont wake up my neighbors. Also had a cop following me for a bit as the only car on the road at 2am and he didnt light me up. Exhaust noise laws are a bitch, but it didnt seem to draw too much attention during normal street driving. The black tips are stealthy as fuck too with the rear diffuser. Overall I'm happy with it. How low does your muffler hang? Mine seems to droop a little, which is the only thing I noticed fitment wise. You can kinda see it in this picture but maybe I'm just overthinking it

Honda Civic 10th gen ***MAPerformance Civic SI 1.5t Catback Release and Group Buy!*** 20190225_171057

dodgeswinger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I feel like the whole system hangs to low. It hangs down noticeably lower than my factory exhaust. There was also a lot of wasted space above the exhaust that could have been utilized to tuck the resonator, exhaust pipe and muffler up into the floor pan more. My wife even commented on being able to see the muffler hanging down when she was driving behind me.

With that said, this exhaust system sounds fantastic. It is the best sounding system on the market in my opinion.

TSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I placed an order for the race exhaust for my coupe and I’m lowered on D2 springs, I’m hoping to not scrape the exhaust system now lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Aegean Blue
I placed an order for the race exhaust for my coupe and I’m lowered on D2 springs, I’m hoping to not scrape the exhaust system now lol
Race doesn't have a muffler so you've got that going for ya! Definitely the lowest part of the system.

Reactions: TSI

JasonB10

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
goodluck lol. ordered the same one a month ago and still have a few more weeks to wait :rolleyes1:

Reactions: TSI

Daelen@MAP

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I feel like the whole system hangs to low. It hangs down noticeably lower than my factory exhaust. There was also a lot of wasted space above the exhaust that could have been utilized to tuck the resonator, exhaust pipe and muffler up into the floor pan more. My wife even commented on being able to see the muffler hanging down when she was driving behind me.

With that said, this exhaust system sounds fantastic. It is the best sounding system on the market in my opinion.

We have noticed that a few people have had them installed with the midpipes rotated slightly, causing it to sit lower than it was designed to. Is it possible that this is happening on yours? We are also looking in to marking the catbacks on the flanges to prevent this from happening on install.

We took into account ground clearance best we could when designing it, but there are a few spots (Rear subframe area) where we just didnt have much of a choice. If its becoming a larger concern, ill get a system up in the air and see what other options we have.

-Daelen

dodgeswinger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
We have noticed that a few people have had them installed with the midpipes rotated slightly, causing it to sit lower than it was designed to. Is it possible that this is happening on yours? We are also looking in to marking the catbacks on the flanges to prevent this from happening on install.

We took into account ground clearance best we could when designing it, but there are a few spots (Rear subframe area) where we just didnt have much of a choice. If its becoming a larger concern, ill get a system up in the air and see what other options we have.

-Daelen
No that is not the issue with mine. I have the midpipe hanger and resonator level, it simply hangs low. I feel like the hanger should be moved down or flipped so that it pulls the system up into the channel in the floor pan more.

Also the bend coming out of the resonator is more than needed in my opinion and causes the section with the slip joint clamp to stick down below the car. This can be helped by turning the midpipe to angle it better but then the mid pipe hanger is in danger of dragging and the resonator is no longer level and hangs lower.

I had the best results by using a clamp on hanger on the mid pipe. This let me change the location of the hanger to a lower position and pull the entire system up into the floor pan. This made the whole system sit in the factory location. It also made the resonator align straight down the center of the channel, instead of angling towards the passenger side of the channel.

Daelen@MAP

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
No that is not the issue with mine. I have the midpipe hanger and resonator level, it simply hangs low. I feel like the hanger should be moved down or flipped so that it pulls the system up into the channel in the floor pan more.

Also the bend coming out of the resonator is more than needed in my opinion and causes the section with the slip joint clamp to stick down below the car. This can be helped by turning the midpipe to angle it better but then the mid pipe hanger is in danger of dragging and the resonator is no longer level and hangs lower.

I had the best results by using a clamp on hanger on the mid pipe. This let me change the location of the hanger to a lower position and pull the entire system up into the floor pan. This made the whole system sit in the factory location. It also made the resonator align straight down the center of the channel, instead of angling towards the passenger side of the channel.

I know we spent a lot of time playing with location, as in some cases if we tucked it up higher it would hit the body on larger bumps.

But, I will take what you are saying back to my team and see if there are any changes we can make!

Thank you for the feedback!

-Daelen

slinarez12

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civis Si Sedan
Country flag
@Daelen@MAP is there an ETA for my new rear section? On top of having the old scratched finish, the hangers are cricked and it’s driving my OCD crazy. See the pic and thanks in advance for any update.

Honda Civic 10th gen ***MAPerformance Civic SI 1.5t Catback Release and Group Buy!*** CC488A42-CF21-4975-AC90-A3EEF0257CEA
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.