Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, I am not sure how well their set up is going to eliminate drone. Personally I think the drone will be a lot quieter than my MAP set up but I dont think for a second it is going to be eliminated completely. But I am very interested in seeing how it turns out! The side branch resonators are a very interesting design. I have seen other people talk about it on different cars. I dont think I am being a troll. I ordered the product, I think i have a right to criticize or praise the set up. Despite what I have said. I will give it more praise than criticism. Everyday I get in my car, I like it more and more. It would be perfection in my eyes if it wasn't for cabin drone. Feel like a broken record here.
You don’t complain which is good but there a quite a few on here and on FB that do and it’s just funny is all that they have the quiet version and complain about it being way too loud lol like come on
Sponsored

JasonB10

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thanks for the sound check work @jayee . It was very insightful. Now I know what kind of sound I am pushing out.
Dont waste any more of your time replying to liltoto17. His only goal is to crap on anything anybody says on here. If you look up internet troll in the dictionary, his forum picture is in the definition.
Idk how many times I have to say it. It is not the sound it puts out, its just the cabin noise period. The sound is amazing, and at high rpms it is all perfect! I am only giving people information on what kind of drone is in the car.
I am completely content with the product. Am I going to take the exhaust off and put OEM back on? Absolutely not. Will I look into the new 27won exhaust in the future? Yes, from what it looks like, their exhaust may deliver the best of both worlds. Nice tone with no drone.
There is NO way the 27won exhaust will have "No Drone." Just stay OEM:thumbsup:

KevinB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
I'm running the Street exhaust with a PRL Catless Downpipe. I personally feel the tone of the exhaust is dead on perfect! I love the deepness of it, the bass vibrating my chest when launching, and the awesome gurgles it provides when driving slow in parking lots.

The volume of the sound, however, is just way too loud in my opinion. As my DD, it can be too overbearing. I actually need to turn up my radio just to hear it over the noise of normal acceleration from stop lights. Driving on the interstate I'm experiencing an incredible amount of drone as well.

I'm slightly stuck between absolutely loving the exhaust and also feeling disappointed with my choices. If I knew what I know now, I would have gone Catted with the Stealth pipes. Anyone wanna switch black stealth tips with my black street tips lol.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I'm running the Street exhaust with a PRL Catless Downpipe. I personally feel the tone of the exhaust is dead on perfect! I love the deepness of it, the bass vibrating my chest when launching, and the awesome gurgles it provides when driving slow in parking lots.

The volume of the sound, however, is just way too loud in my opinion. As my DD, it can be too overbearing. I actually need to turn up my radio just to hear it over the noise of normal acceleration from stop lights. Driving on the interstate I'm experiencing an incredible amount of drone as well.

I'm slightly stuck between absolutely loving the exhaust and also feeling disappointed with my choices. If I knew what I know now, I would have gone Catted with the Stealth pipes. Anyone wanna switch black stealth tips with my black street tips lol.
Maybe there should have just been 2 options. Full on race or Stealth. I dont want to go through the hassle of switching out for stealth but I do wish I knew the difference. I dont think the stealth will be much quieter. The drone is probably still existent.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe there should have just been 2 options. Full on race or Stealth. I dont want to go through the hassle of switching out for stealth but I do wish I knew the difference. I dont think the stealth will be much quieter. The drone is probably still existent.
I can't compare street to stealth but can tell you I didn't notice any drone with the stealth setup. In my opinion stealth with a catless downpipe was far from quiet but we know that kind of thing (loudness) is subjective.

AREA

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic SI coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can't compare street to stealth but can tell you I didn't notice any drone with the stealth setup. In my opinion stealth with a catless downpipe was far from quiet but we know that kind of thing (loudness) is subjective.
very true loudness is definitely subjective!

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
So let me start by saying again as I stated in my initial review that MAP makes a quality product and I would be 100% pleased with my purchase except for the fact that it is a bit too loud for my taste. They have the tone down pat and even though I wasn't sold on the quad tip design at first it actually looks pretty good in person.

That being said @MAPerformance @Daelen@MAP your customer service is actually trash tier. You guys are totally reactive and seem to ignore anything that doesn't shine bad PR on your company.

So I've been following this group buy since it was just a poll in the Si forums. I believe decibel readings were promised but they were not listed in the main post of the group buy. (Now upon searching I do see that they were posted *somewhere* in this sea of 65 pages, but why were they not put on the actual product listing?) I was on the fence between the stealth and street options but based on the responses that I was seeing it looked like street would best fit my preferences. Also, I was out of the country for nearly the whole month of October and did not want to miss out so I just went with my gut and bought the street.

Anyway delays pop up, months pass and then people started receiving damaged/missing mid pipes and tips. Rightfully people were pissed and MAP scrambled to "make things right" MAP offers to re-coat the inferior black coating with higher quality coating anytime down the road (important later). The only problem is there were never any updates sent out to anyone and I guess you were expected to follow and complain on this forum if you wanted an update. Then people started getting their exhausts in seemingly random order instead of FIFO. I'm pretty sure this was probably due to the manufacturing process and making like pieces together however again there was no communication and people were left to guess if they were passed over or what. Anyone who complained seemed to get the white glove treatment and get priority over everyone else so they would stop making noise. I think I left a comment to that effect and would you believe it, I was magically contacted by MAP support apologizing for the delays and was told I would be given a $50 gift card for my troubles and my exhaust would be shipping is 2-3 weeks due to re-coating my black tips.

2-3 weeks pass and I get my exhaust right on schedule. Great! I installed my exhaust and am loving it and spend the day driving around but god damn is it loud. Way louder than I had expected. I also did not get my $50 yet, so I reply to the last email sent to me by MAP and ask for my gift card and if it would be possible to either exchange the street for the stealth or purchase just a stealth section. The response?

"Gift card sent! I cant take back that one but I can get you a good deal on a stealth section!"

That's it. Nothing about what the "deal" was or anything. It's totally reasonable to not take back a used exhaust and I am willing to pay out for a stealth section so I promptly respond asking him to elaborate on hooking me up with a black tip stealth section.

6 days later...

"<part number> - i'll give you 10% off"

Again... that was the entire email after no communication after 6 days. Did not try to initiate the transaction or anything, just a one liner... So during the 6 days of waiting it dawned on me that if I just got the axle back I would be stuck with it since if I flip it, no one would want to buy part of a custom exhaust and then have to fab it to custom pipes. Also I noticed he did not say BLACK tips, so I check the exhaust on the MAP website and see that there is no black tips available. I reply to the email asking for a quote on the entire exhaust and also to confirm that I would be replacing my street black tips with a stealth black tips.

This time It only takes a day. He responds with "Unfortunately this is with regular tips. We do not offer a coated tip any longer due to the issues we have had"

So at this point I'm pretty content with the fact that they don't give a shit about me or this mess of a group buy anymore but I figured I would ask. I pointed out that myself along with at least several others feel that the volume was misrepresented by the initial video and listing. Although this is not quite the same case, MAP stated that they would be fixing anyone's original black tips that needed to be re-coated because they were damaged so they were most definitely still able to offer me a black tip. I would understand discontinuing it going forward but this is still part of the group buy. He also did not answer my question about pricing for the full exhaust so I ask again... After all this talk about making it right, it sure doesn't seem like they care at all.

6 days later....

No response. Yup I guess they don't care.

/rant

Btw I might as well ask while I'm at it. Where's our t-shirts? :what:
I think we can send out shirts to everyone involved ;) I will working on getting your sizes next week once we start putting everything together.

-Ian

Boss240

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2018 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Yea no t-shirts for some like me lol. All the mess ups ate into profit margins.

JasonB10

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So let me start by saying again as I stated in my initial review that MAP makes a quality product and I would be 100% pleased with my purchase except for the fact that it is a bit too loud for my taste. They have the tone down pat and even though I wasn't sold on the quad tip design at first it actually looks pretty good in person.

That being said @MAPerformance @Daelen@MAP your customer service is actually trash tier. You guys are totally reactive and seem to ignore anything that doesn't shine bad PR on your company.

So I've been following this group buy since it was just a poll in the Si forums. I believe decibel readings were promised but they were not listed in the main post of the group buy. (Now upon searching I do see that they were posted *somewhere* in this sea of 65 pages, but why were they not put on the actual product listing?) I was on the fence between the stealth and street options but based on the responses that I was seeing it looked like street would best fit my preferences. Also, I was out of the country for nearly the whole month of October and did not want to miss out so I just went with my gut and bought the street.

Anyway delays pop up, months pass and then people started receiving damaged/missing mid pipes and tips. Rightfully people were pissed and MAP scrambled to "make things right" MAP offers to re-coat the inferior black coating with higher quality coating anytime down the road (important later). The only problem is there were never any updates sent out to anyone and I guess you were expected to follow and complain on this forum if you wanted an update. Then people started getting their exhausts in seemingly random order instead of FIFO. I'm pretty sure this was probably due to the manufacturing process and making like pieces together however again there was no communication and people were left to guess if they were passed over or what. Anyone who complained seemed to get the white glove treatment and get priority over everyone else so they would stop making noise. I think I left a comment to that effect and would you believe it, I was magically contacted by MAP support apologizing for the delays and was told I would be given a $50 gift card for my troubles and my exhaust would be shipping is 2-3 weeks due to re-coating my black tips.

2-3 weeks pass and I get my exhaust right on schedule. Great! I installed my exhaust and am loving it and spend the day driving around but god damn is it loud. Way louder than I had expected. I also did not get my $50 yet, so I reply to the last email sent to me by MAP and ask for my gift card and if it would be possible to either exchange the street for the stealth or purchase just a stealth section. The response?

"Gift card sent! I cant take back that one but I can get you a good deal on a stealth section!"

That's it. Nothing about what the "deal" was or anything. It's totally reasonable to not take back a used exhaust and I am willing to pay out for a stealth section so I promptly respond asking him to elaborate on hooking me up with a black tip stealth section.

6 days later...

"<part number> - i'll give you 10% off"

Again... that was the entire email after no communication after 6 days. Did not try to initiate the transaction or anything, just a one liner... So during the 6 days of waiting it dawned on me that if I just got the axle back I would be stuck with it since if I flip it, no one would want to buy part of a custom exhaust and then have to fab it to custom pipes. Also I noticed he did not say BLACK tips, so I check the exhaust on the MAP website and see that there is no black tips available. I reply to the email asking for a quote on the entire exhaust and also to confirm that I would be replacing my street black tips with a stealth black tips.

This time It only takes a day. He responds with "Unfortunately this is with regular tips. We do not offer a coated tip any longer due to the issues we have had"

So at this point I'm pretty content with the fact that they don't give a shit about me or this mess of a group buy anymore but I figured I would ask. I pointed out that myself along with at least several others feel that the volume was misrepresented by the initial video and listing. Although this is not quite the same case, MAP stated that they would be fixing anyone's original black tips that needed to be re-coated because they were damaged so they were most definitely still able to offer me a black tip. I would understand discontinuing it going forward but this is still part of the group buy. He also did not answer my question about pricing for the full exhaust so I ask again... After all this talk about making it right, it sure doesn't seem like they care at all.

6 days later....

No response. Yup I guess they don't care.

/rant

Btw I might as well ask while I'm at it. Where's our t-shirts? :what:
Uh oh..... By coated tips you just mean the black tips right!? Or they discontinued the blue tips as well? I ordered the blues and i hope they still have those. And woow. Sorry to hear that man.

dodgeswinger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have had several issues with my order as well. But I have had nothing but exceptional service from MAP the many times I have had to contact them. They always respond within a business day and have been very helpful. I also feel like my street exhaust sounds just like the street exhaust in the video. I am very pleased with the sound and do not feel misled about the product at all. I am disappointed with all of the issues I have had. But if I had to do it all over again knowing what I know now I would still sign up for the group buy. I do not regret my purchase.

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
Uh oh..... By coated tips you just mean the black tips right!? Or they discontinued the blue tips as well? I ordered the blues and i hope they still have those. And woow. Sorry to hear that man.
I believe "coated" refers to black tips but you would have to reach out to them to be sure. Hopefully they respond faster then they do to my inquires.

I have had several issues with my order as well. But I have had nothing but exceptional service from MAP the many times I have had to contact them. They always respond within a business day and have been very helpful. I also feel like my street exhaust sounds just like the street exhaust in the video. I am very pleased with the sound and do not feel misled about the product at all. I am disappointed with all of the issues I have had. But if I had to do it all over again knowing what I know now I would still sign up for the group buy. I do not regret my purchase.
Again I do not regret my purchase, I actually really like the exhaust. It's the fact that they keep talking about making things right and having great customer service but I've yet to see that. It would be one thing if they just did not communicate and leave a week+ between contact. Shit, I wouldn't even be as pissed if they just responded and said too bad, no more black tips and that's that. It is the fact that they keep saying "We care, we're listening to you, we're going to make this right". Those words mean nothing if you don't act on them. 1 line half answer responses a week apart doesn't seem like the definition of making things right.

dodgeswinger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I believe "coated" refers to black tips but you would have to reach out to them to be sure. Hopefully they respond faster then they do to my inquires.

Again I do not regret my purchase, I actually really like the exhaust. It's the fact that they keep talking about making things right and having great customer service but I've yet to see that. It would be one thing if they just did not communicate and leave a week+ between contact. Shit, I wouldn't even be as pissed if they just responded and said too bad, no more black tips and that's that. It is the fact that they keep saying "We care, we're listening to you, we're going to make this right". Those words mean nothing if you don't act on them. 1 line half answer responses a week apart doesn't seem like the definition of making things right.
I am very sorry to hear that. But my experience with their customer service has been completely different. I get quick replies and they have been very willing to correct their mistakes thus far for me. I have been frustrated by the numerous issues with my order but I have actually been impressed by the customer service that I have received.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.