First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civis Si Sedan
Country flag
They did say they halted all black tips before shipping out
Yea I saw that, but they said that after mine was shipped out. So I’m not sure if mine was recoated or not. With the minor scuff marks already on it I’m guessing it wasn’t.
Sponsored

mmuldoon

17 SI Coupe
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 SI Coupe
Country flag
I think what he mainly wanted to know was catted or catless lol

Someone from MAP emailed me and said there is a 2 week delay on black tips, assuming to recoat them. If he got his tips chances are they were not re coated.
Haha...yeah...so we can assume catless

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Testing indicated that running our catback, or, catbacks of similar design will likely not impact the vehicle in such a way that a tune would be required. I would consider this modification to be more along the lines of "support" for further or additional modifications, allowing the engine to breath more efficiently, ETC.

So has anybody tuned since install?
If I am not mistaken, I don't believe it needs a specific tune. I planned on keeping my TSP tune when I install mine. I'm sure someone that has the exhaust, is tuned. I don't think it makes a difference either way.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Are you catted or non catted downpipe?

Just installed my MAP street version exhaust and the question is? does anyone find it to be little loud just measured the Decibels and it peaked at 90DB.

fretcrazy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ABM Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you think the entire exhaust will fit in the car? Since the exhaust is one piece I believe
Negative, it's far too large. You are correct, the stock exhaust is one single piece. If the shop were to cut it around the midpipe you *might* be able to get it in there, but that's a big *might*. It's also too tall to fit in (most) garages standing up so I'm finding storing it to be very difficult. Right now it's leaned against my garage wall horizontally held up by some twine anchored to the studs in the wall...:dunno:

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Negative, it's far too large. You are correct, the stock exhaust is one single piece. If the shop were to cut it around the midpipe you *might* be able to get it in there, but that's a big *might*. It's also too tall to fit in (most) garages standing up so I'm finding storing it to be very difficult. Right now it's leaned against my garage wall horizontally held up by some twine anchored to the studs in the wall...:dunno:
I will probably throw mine under my house. I am not sure how long I will keep it before ultimately taking it to the scrap yard. What else am I to do with the damn thing? I sure as hell dont plan on putting it back on. The MAP exhaust would have to sound awfully horrible in order for me to put stock back on. Even then I would just swap it out with another aftermarket exhaust. Almost begs the question, why keep it at all?

Daelen@MAP

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Received the exhaust today, the black tips did have a few scuff marks but nothing too noticeable, let's see how they hold up after being installed, if anything I hope I can still get them redone. Here are pics of what I received today:

Exhaust Tip  4.jpg

Exhaust Tip 3.jpg

Exhaust Tips 1.jpg

To both of you that got the damaged black tips, you do both have the old coating and those are part of the few that made it out before we caught the issue.

Once the new coating is validated, we will offer a switch at no cost to any of you to get the new style coating. Just reach out to our customer service department and they will get it taken care of!

Uncle Si

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FC1 Si / '16 Triumph ST3 R
Country flag
I just kept the rear muffler portion of the stock setup.
Fit right in the trunk.
For the people that got the exhaust installed . What are you doing with the factory exhaust ? Did you get rid of it ? Or are you keeping it ?

I am getting mine done at a shop and I am pretty sure my factory full system will not fit in the coupe.

What do I do?!

N0TYPR

First Name
Abban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
Bolt snapped off the top of the housing on the turbo . Will get the machine shop to fix it . Should have the car back by Monday :(

Honda design is horrible!

Johncarter269

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Bolt snapped off the top of the housing on the turbo . Will get the machine shop to fix it . Should have the car back by Monday :(

That sucks!!! Did you spray it good beforehand?

N0TYPR

First Name
Abban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
That sucks!!! Did you spray it good beforehand?
I had shop do the work . It would had happened anywhere else as well I am sure .

It’s fine. To late to do anything now .
All I have to do is wait and pay

Johncarter269

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I had shop do the work . It would had happened anywhere else as well I am sure .

It’s fine. To late to do anything now .
All I have to do is wait and pay
Yeah, no good man..... You’re not the first that’s for sure

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
How was the install? Is it work going to a shop to do the install?

I am not technically savvy with installs. A shop offered me 300 for downpipe, FP and Exhaust install
The actual install is not bad at all and is easy enough to do with a ramp or jack and set of wrenches, sockets, breaker bar, and O2 sensor socket. They're called bolt on mods because well, they literally bolt right on. Unscrew the old parts and screw on the new ones. The hardest part is loosening the turbo/downpipe bolts (a few people have snapped the bolts) and removing the grommets from the hangers.

If you're interested in learning how to do your own mods, this is a pretty good job to get in and learn with. If you have no interest in getting hands on and don't have the tools laying around, $300 for the install sounds worth it for FP DP and exhaust install. Would probably take the shop 2-3 hours of labor.

Called it. :rolleyes:

lol good on the shop if they offered to fix it for free though, I've seen at least one person have the shop say they were charging extra to fix it. Lubricating the s%#t out of the nuts and letting the lube soak in is key.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.