MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen MAP Product Preview - Intercooler Piping WITH Integrated Blow Off Valve HDAX-Chargepipe_01

This might not look like much right now, but we are hot on the heels of another few product releases. We had to take a bit of a break to really work with everyone on the catback release... which, became so large, that, as many of you know, we had a few headaches... some of which are still ongoing BUT we feel confident that we should have everything dialed in very soon... WHICH leads me to the release teaser of of a couple of new products that I wanted to share with you, here.

This first one is our MAP Intercooler hard pipe kit for the Civic 1.5t applications. The key differentiators to this kit are that we:

1) Want to provide a modular solution that we will be trying to integrate into our eventual turbo kit release
2) Give everyone the option to easily convert to a standard blow off valve configuration and take advantage of an aftermarket BOV that won't require tedious and frequent service but will be able to withstand substantially higher boost levels AND, of course, generate some good, fun, turbo noises... making your driving experience much more visceral and hopefully enjoyable.
3) Provide an intercooler solution that will bolt up to a factory style intercooler
4) Provide a solution that will plumb back a BOV to our intake, should you choose to purchase the intakes as well.

For those of you that desire the plumb back option and already have our intakes, we will make sure you are taken care of as well... so no one should worry there.

Obviously, we wouldn't be making this kit if we didn't have a big announcement about other parts on the horizon, but I wanted to give you all a location to provide feedback on this design, the intent, and really help us get this off the ground as well! Thanks for all your support!
Sponsored

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Have in mind how venting to the atmosphere is going to work out with this?

Coolnezzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Have in mind how venting to the atmosphere is going to work out with this?
MAP states that they will plumb it back into the intake, like how the stock turbo uses a recirculating valve, or BPV, which does not vent to atmosphere. MAP's intake will use a similar valve:

4) Provide a solution that will plumb back a BOV to our intake, should you choose to purchase the intakes as well.
I had MAP's charge pipes and TurboSmart Kompact Shortie BPV on my Fiesta ST, it was awesome! They provided a block-off plate for the stock turbo's recirc valve and the intake pipe has the Turbosmart recirc valve attached, it sounded great and didn't mess with the tune by venting to atmosphere.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
What's more... if you already have our intake, we will work out something with you to configure it in a plumback configuration for you... really because, while we try to be forward thinking about everything... I don't think we could have predicted the need for this port originally. Moving forward, it will always be an option...but previously, we had no idea we would where we are with the platform.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
MAP states that they will plumb it back into the intake, like how the stock turbo uses a recirculating valve, or BPV, which does not vent to atmosphere. MAP's intake will use a similar valve:

I had MAP's charge pipes and TurboSmart Kompact Shortie BPV on my Fiesta ST, it was awesome! They provided a block-off plate for the stock turbo's recirc valve and the intake pipe has the Turbosmart recirc valve attached, it sounded great and didn't mess with the tune by venting to atmosphere.

Ah good look man, I scanned right over that!

Aachan510

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice. Will be looking forward to this.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Would be sick to make one that would work with the Mishimoto intercooler and pipes since it is very much like the OEM set up as far as couplers and piping goes. Been looking for something like this, HKS is coming out with their BOV that goes on the cold side pipe but I fear that it will not work with the mishimoto cooler or any other cooler for that matter.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How do you get around the vent to atmosphere vs stock bpv without messing up the tune ?HKS also made such a kit also don't get how do they not mess up the tune or don't care?
I still have my old Turbosmart Kompact dual bov laying here .Would be nice if i could use it again.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 SI Coupe
Country flag
Hooks right up to our billet end tank intercooler!

Would be sick to make one that would work with the Mishimoto intercooler and pipes since it is very much like the OEM set up as far as couplers and piping goes. Been looking for something like this, HKS is coming out with their BOV that goes on the cold side pipe but I fear that it will not work with the mishimoto cooler or any other cooler for that matter.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hooks right up to our billet end tank intercooler!
That is really cool and all, but since your intercooler isn't quite out yet, a lot of 10th gen owners already bought the available options. I wouldn't want to have to go through selling my intercooler to have to buy a new one. Guess I will keep looking around or hope I can make the HKS option work.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You might want to think twice before buying anything from them. Take a look at there group buy from SEPTEMBER that still isnt fulfilled and they are shipping out half orders that are damaged.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
You might want to think twice before buying anything from them. Take a look at there group buy from SEPTEMBER that still isnt fulfilled and they are shipping out half orders that are damaged.
Laaaaaawwwwdddd

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It wouldn't be my first purchase from MAPerformance, I have always had a good experience with ordering with them and their customer service. I would be upset if there was a problem with my exhaust order but as long as their customer service responds and makes it clear that they will be resolving any order issues, I could deal with it. You sound really angry, whatever happened with your order must suck and hopefully it gets resolved.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
@MAPerformance It's about time I nut-up or shut up, I said some really rude and hurtful things about you guys and you still turn around with some incredible customer service and really brought back that little kid on Christmas eve feeling I had at the beginning of the group buy. I'm really looking forward too seeing the final products with the new coating, from what I've heard from Ian it sounds like this coating will be a much better fit for the needs of this exhaust. I've really gotta say I'm dumbfounded by the speed and quality of the changes made to ensure these are perfect. From redoing the jigs that are used to shape the exhausts, changing the packaging to better protect them in transit, and organizing a whole new coating process and even swapping out the damaged ones for the new coatings once they are available. It's really time for me to eat my words and say that MAPerformance has really done the impossible and restored my faith in them and hopefully many others that were wavering. :bow::bow::bow:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.