Manually disable DRL's?

Silverocket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
How easy/difficult would it be to have a button made that lets me turn the DRL's on and off. I'd like to be able to drop into stealth mode on occasion but I really like the LED's so I don't want to totally remove the fuse like I did on my 8th gen...Ideally I'd use one of the blanks on the left hand side....thanks in advance for any input.
Sponsored

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
How easy/difficult would it be to have a button made that lets me turn the DRL's on and off. I'd like to be able to drop into stealth mode on occasion but I really like the LED's so I don't want to totally remove the fuse like I did on my 8th gen...Ideally I'd use one of the blanks on the left hand side....thanks in advance for any input.
I'm curious on this topic as well!

madean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2012 Lexus CT200h
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Touring, and to turn off the DRLs, you simply turn the lights completely off. If the light switch is in auto or anything else, the DRLs are on. If the light switch is off, the DRLs are off.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have a Touring, and to turn off the DRLs, you simply turn the lights completely off. If the light switch is in auto or anything else, the DRLs are on. If the light switch is off, the DRLs are off.
Suggest you check with the engine running.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Completely false.
The DRL's will come on as soon as the parking brake is disengaged with the car running.

madean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2012 Lexus CT200h
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I misspoke. I thought it worked like my Lexus CT200h, which does work as I described.
Sponsored