Man... this PRL silicon tube seems a little short...

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone else install one of these and can tell me whether or not they're sizing is... well... super tight? I'm not sure I'm comfortable it placing the amount of tension on the airbox to get the hose clamps tight.

Picture attached w/o just attached to the box w/o tension. Looks about 1/2" too short. I'd be concerned the engine movement would *really* pull bad. PRL, your thoughts?
Honda Civic 10th gen Man... this PRL silicon tube seems a little short... {filename}

Honda Civic 10th gen Man... this PRL silicon tube seems a little short... IMG_20171217_173022659
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine and it is a tiny bit shorter than stock. Looking at your pic, you have the hose all the way over to the right. Center it up on both sides and it should be ok.

Here is the black hose installed in my car:
Honda Civic 10th gen Man... this PRL silicon tube seems a little short... Untitled 2

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well.. I got it on...

However, as it is flush on the engine side, I have to have a lot of tension on the air box. It isn't trued up to the box and the hose isn't flush on the bottom on the connection on the box. To get it to do even that it's pulling on the air box pretty good. I had to bolt the box down. Having the tube boxed up made it impossible to tighten the 4 screws to 'close' the air box.

No matter. I'm finishing my HID install tonight and will probably go back to the stock tube.

FKSE7EN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 HatchBack Sport 6MT
Country flag
Here’s mines, there’s minimal gaps on both ends. It hasn’t moved in the last 4000 miles I’ve drivin it. Just even out the spacing.
Honda Civic 10th gen Man... this PRL silicon tube seems a little short... 3FA65E66-3DE1-4BE8-BEEB-AF32B91B76B2

dscayton03

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
Anyone else install one of these and can tell me whether or not they're sizing is... well... super tight? I'm not sure I'm comfortable it placing the amount of tension on the airbox to get the hose clamps tight.

Picture attached w/o just attached to the box w/o tension. Looks about 1/2" too short. I'd be concerned the engine movement would *really* pull bad. PRL, your thoughts?
Honda Civic 10th gen Man... this PRL silicon tube seems a little short... 3FA65E66-3DE1-4BE8-BEEB-AF32B91B76B2

Honda Civic 10th gen Man... this PRL silicon tube seems a little short... {filename}
Stage 1 intake?

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Stage 1 intake?
Yep. The green filter looked decent. The tube looked fine. They should have just made it a smidge longer though. I buttoned up everything after dark as it was just one thing I was doing in the course of finishing my HID install, so no.pics of what I'm talking about. However, I can tell the fitment isn't quite perfect on the bottom of the airbox and it's 'pulling' on the airbox as it's so tight.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
You didn’t put it on right that’s why it doesn’t look like it fits.

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You didn’t put it on right that’s why it doesn’t look like it fits.
Of you're talking about how the left hose clamp isn't on... yes, I did that to show how, w/o it on, there was a natural gap based on the length of the tube. Trying to close that gap involved pushing on the airbox. A lot. If I'm missing something, please elaborate.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Did you even read my post above? You needed to center the hose up. There will be a small gap edge to edge but after tightening the clamps it with function fine. The airbox itself is somewhat loose and will move but the hose will stay on fine.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
I had the same issue with mine and ended up taking it off. Yes you can turn the hose to find the best fit but it still isn't long enough, after getting it buttoned down as good and snug as possible, I find it works gaps on both sides after X many of miles. Disappointed.

Edit: Indeed the gaps may not effect anything but I don't like it, I wanted and expected something that fits %100.

glbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sports Hatchback
Country flag
I have not installed my Stage 1 kit yet. Hopefully the weather cooperates this weekend.

dscayton03

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex Hatchback
Country flag
Yep. The green filter looked decent. The tube looked fine. They should have just made it a smidge longer though. I buttoned up everything after dark as it was just one thing I was doing in the course of finishing my HID install, so no.pics of what I'm talking about. However, I can tell the fitment isn't quite perfect on the bottom of the airbox and it's 'pulling' on the airbox as it's so tight.
Can you hear a difference in turbo noise or any throttle response?

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, I haven't driven it yet. My old lady took it out last night and ranted and raved about how great the HIDs were, but she couldn't tell anything about the noise/feel of the car.

Then again, my wife couldn't tell when a wheel bearing was shot in one of our last vehicles that was her daily a few years back. Damn thing sounded like it was going to kill itself. She and I had to have a talk about living with that one for days on end. So... nothing she ever says about the sound/feel of a car is to be trusted.

I'll report back any differences once I drive it. Even if it gives it's claimed 5-9 hp, this is within the realm of difference a cool to warm (not hot) day can swing it and is <5% of the total power output of the car... so I'm not expecting much. Sound wise, the new filter's pleats are very short compared to the deep, thick paper ones of the OEM one, so I can believe it may make a slight difference. Whatever the difference, I'll report back once I take it for a spin.

OP
OP
charleswrivers

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you even read my post above? You needed to center the hose up. There will be a small gap edge to edge but after tightening the clamps it with function fine. The airbox itself is somewhat loose and will move but the hose will stay on fine.
I get what you're saying, but gaps shouldn't exist. There needs to be some play in the hose to provide some amount of movement. My airbox is not very loose at all, and with it, it pulls on it hard. I've swapped to silicon hoses one vehicles before and they were not tight like this.
Sponsored