Man! I thought I got good gas milage in my Civic Sport CVT! But my Si is better!

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
So I took my 20 Si on a 25 mile each way highway trip today,,,,,holy crap I got amazing gas milage! My 18 Sport CVT would get about 40ish on the highway going 70 or so. I reset my trip odometer and was getting 46.6! That’s insane! And it was supposed to have lost 2mpg compared to the 17-19 Si?!? If that’s true I’m totally good with that. Honestly that incredible milage. I couldn’t ask for more with this car.
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
So I took my 20 Si on a 25 mile each way highway trip today,,,,,holy crap I got amazing gas milage! My 18 Sport CVT would get about 40ish on the highway going 70 or so. I reset my trip odometer and was getting 46.6! That’s insane! And it was supposed to have lost 2mpg compared to the 17-19 Si?!? If that’s true I’m totally good with that. Honestly that incredible milage. I couldn’t ask for more with this car.
what you mentioned is current trip mileage. you can't tell that as your overall avg

OP
OP
stevessvt

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, I know. That’s purely highway driving. On a flat very level highway on cruise control. But still, pretty incredible, and better than my Sport CVT during a similar scenario.

Dwight

Banned
Banned
First Name
Delon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
Uh um manual are known to have better gas mileage than automatic

three86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What octane gas are you using? 91?

three86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Also (if you didn't know already) you can set your trip odometers to reset automatically if you want which I thought was really cool. I have my A trip reset on engine start and my B reset on gas fill up. Then you can toggle between them on the mpg info page with a quick press of the trip reset.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Also (if you didn't know already) you can set your trip odometers to reset automatically if you want which I thought was really cool. I have my A trip reset on engine start and my B reset on gas fill up. Then you can toggle between them on the mpg info page with a quick press of the trip reset.
Ha! Didn't know about that feature. Just now went out set those up how you've got them.
Yesterday on a trip to Morro Bay, I was using adaptive cruise control and noticed some beeping as my car came in and out of radar contact with the car in front of me.
I was happy to find a way to turn the beeps off in sittings after I got there.
My last car didn't even have cruise control. LOL!

OP
OP
stevessvt

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s true if it’s the same model, ie if both are sports. But the Si takes a hit for milage. That’s what took me by surprise.
What octane gas are you using? 91?
93 octane down here in Florida.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
That's actually not true anymore for the most part.

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm getting 26-29MPG driving city and highway in my 2020 Si Sedan.

So far I haven't gone much out of this range no matter how I drive. Using only 93 octane with a initial TSP stage 1 tune. I need to load the full tune I just received. Only other mod is stage 1 PRL intake.

I am still on break-in oil at 3,800 miles and 50% oil use left per the Maintenance Minder.

Edward

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That's actually not true anymore for the most part.
This.

Back in the 80's and 90's when I was driving my slick shifting manual CRX, Integra and Civic yes... manual transmissions were way more fuel efficient than automatics. These days, not only are automatics generally slightly better on fuel, they often are slightly quicker, too.

Last edited:

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
I had no clue - wow modern cars amazing! I have an 09 ridgeline and dreaming of a new 2020 si. i reset my "A" each fill up, and my "B" is used for trips.

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
Getting much better mpg on my Si than my coupe CVT, also. Hated that CVT

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Not sure if this is still true for modern cars. The MPG advertised shows auto is a mile or two better than manual... My observation.

Honda site shows 2020 sport manual 25/36/29 and CVT 29/37/32 (city/highway/combined).

Last edited:

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if this is still true for modern cars. The MPG advertised shows auto is a mile or two better than manual... My observation.

Honda site shows 2020 sport manual 25/36/29 and CVT 29/37/32 (city/highway/combined).
That's a 10% better combined fuel efficiency for the CVT vs. manual. Pretty significant.

The 2010-2014 6MT TLs also had significantly worse fuel efficiency than the 09-11 5AT & 12-14 6AT models.

Manual will always win the Smiles Per Gallon metric, however :drive:
Sponsored