MAJOR Problem with 10th Gen Civics - [Clickbait]

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Honda Civic Hatch
Country flag
This issue all started when i first bought my car and it always comes back about once every week. I hope this issue does not affect any of y'all because its tough. Every time i go to fill my car up by the time i sit down in my car and get comfortable the pump is finished filling the car with gas so i have to get back up and finish the transaction :doh:. LOL but in all seriousness i'm loving the gas mileage my civic hatch is getting. It costs little to nothing to fill it up even from empty, i do a lot of city driving but i'm still averaging about 36 to 37 mpg which is awesome. I love my little civic more and more everyday and couldn't be any more happy with my purchase

(Also thanks to whoever put clickbait in the title)
Sponsored

Last edited:

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
I can only get 30mpg max but on the other hand, my job offer free gas. :)

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Move to New Jersey and your problem will be solved! It's mandated that attendants pump the gas for you!

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Move to New Jersey and your problem will be solved! It's mandated that attendants pump the gas for you!
Isn't it in NJ you can't make left turns or some crazy ish like that?

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a problem too: my company pays back my gas, but my Civic's fuel consumption is too low, so i never reach the max amount each month and i don't have enough invoices to show.... i should add a reserve tank to fill at the end of each month.
My colleagues with similar sized cars from other brands live closer to the company but always need to add from their pocket because the fuel allowance is not enough:D

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure about that, just know about the gas from driving through there before.

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a problem too: my company pays back my gas, but my Civic's fuel consumption is too low, so i never reach the max amount each month and i don't have enough invoices to show.... i should add a reserve tank to fill at the end of each month.
My colleagues with similar sized cars from other brands live closer to the company but always need to add from their pocket because the fuel allowance is not enough:D
Either that, or go inside and prepay for gas and add some snacks while your at it.

Civic_Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if you are in a cold climate or not but you should always make sure you are grounded after getting out of your car before touching the fill nozzle prior to hanging it back up. In colder climates depending on the LEL, humidity present or not, stadic electricity is a bitch.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unethical Pro Tip: Buy a race jug and fill it up. There's 5 extra gallons right there. Not enough? Get two of them. There's 10 gallons. :rolleyes:

They're on Amazon for like $40.
Honda Civic 10th gen MAJOR Problem with 10th Gen Civics - [Clickbait] 31W5Sq1VgsL

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I can only get 30mpg max but on the other hand, my job offer free gas. :)
30mpg? Either you drive like a maniac or something is wrong with your car.

It's not that you can't make left turns lol, it's that on a lot of main roads, they use jug handles to make left turns. It helps so people aren't stopping in the road to make a left.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unethical Pro Tip: Buy a race jug and fill it up. There's 5 extra gallons right there. Not enough? Get two of them. There's 10 gallons. :rolleyes:

They're on Amazon for like $40.
31W5Sq1VgsL.jpg
Lol
Actually i just fill up the other car, which is an evoque and drinks twice as much as mine.
Btw in china you cannot put gas in bottles or any tank other than the car, the pump is operated by workers and there is full time video surveillance. I belive it is a serious crime to use gas for anything other than vehicles.

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
I had that problem for some gas stations. You may need to make sure the pump is pushed all the way into the fuel intake until you feel some sort of click.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Btw in china you cannot put gas in bottles or any tank other than the car, the pump is operated by workers and there is full time video surveillance. I belive it is a serious crime to use gas for anything other than vehicles.
And that’s politically correct - lawn care is a pass time of the idle class. If you do have to cut grass, you do it like this:

Btw., These guys laughing at the “Chinese lawn mower” are ridiculous themselves. It might be actually quicker to cut this tiny lawn with shears then to pull out a gas lawnmower and to maintain it.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag