Maintenance Minder vs. Time Period

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
for those who drive low miles, is it wise to change oil / perform maintenance every 6 months or so - or just go on with life and listen for the MM to pop up?

i feel like I could probably go a full year without scheduled maintenance if I just followed mileage.
Sponsored

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
for those who drive low miles, is it wise to change oil / perform maintenance every 6 months or so - or just go on with life and listen for the MM to pop up?

i feel like I could probably go a full year without scheduled maintenance if I just followed mileage.
MM takes time into account as well.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I think as long as you don't go over a year without changing the oil/filter you should be fine (unless your MM tells you to do it sooner).

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I do yearly oil changes on my other car, Full Synthetic, High Quality Filter, the danger as I understand it with going to long between fluid changes on low mileage driving is the oil can become acidic, but you should be good at 1 year.

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
I do maintenance yearly because of miles, or lack there of. Maintenance minder never indicated to do anything. Had my first oil change in early December.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag

As per the manual, you can drive up to 1-year with oil less than 24,000 kms on it. Not saying I would or even that I agree, but that's what it's engineered for if you're using the proper oil.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
MM takes time into account as well.
Does it? The manual says up to 1-year if the MM doesn't reach 5% by the end of a year.. Doesn't sound like it does. ;)
Sponsored