ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello,

Planning on changing out my MTF soon (30k on OEM) for Civic Si 2017 sedan. Is there a way to reset the maintenance minder? Or can get a reminder in the future to change it when the time comes (like the oil change)

thanks!
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Unfortunately, only the oil life has a reminder, not any of the other maintenance items.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Sorry for my poorly worded response. I mean that there is no percentage of the transmission fluid life that you can see before the MM comes on.

OP
OP
ricoxg

ricoxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for my poorly worded response. I mean that there is no percentage of the transmission fluid life that you can see before the MM comes on.
The best thing we can do then is to put a sticker on our windshield showing the mileage when we did our last MTF change then. Or use our phones :p.

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
I just had my CVT transmission fluid changed yesterday at my local mechanic (at 31K miles), though the MM had not gone off yet. Is the MM still going to go off randomly even though it's been changed?

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I just had my CVT transmission fluid changed yesterday at my local mechanic (at 31K miles), though the MM had not gone off yet. Is the MM still going to go off randomly even though it's been changed?
The mechanic is supposed to reset it even when the MM is not displayed.

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
The mechanic is supposed to reset it even when the MM is not displayed.
yes it will,

your car has no way of knowing the fluid has been changed,

your computer still thinks the old fluid is in there
They reset the oil indicator but I have no idea if they reset the CVT Transmission Fluid indicator. I have to look at the owner's manual but does the system allow you to check and reset the CVT indicator?

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
They reset the oil indicator but I have no idea if they reset the CVT Transmission Fluid indicator. I have to look at the owner's manual but does the system allow you to check and reset the CVT indicator?
It should allow to reset selected items without any issue

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
so I have to wait for it to throw a code?

You can reset it without the code being displayed. It can be reset by going over to the oil life indicator, hold enter for 10 seconds, scroll down and select 3 which is the replace transmission fluid code.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Hello,

Planning on changing out my MTF soon (30k on OEM) for Civic Si 2017 sedan. Is there a way to reset the maintenance minder? Or can get a reminder in the future to change it when the time comes (like the oil change)

thanks!
Do not mind the "forum folklore" folks on here commenting. Yes, you can certainly reset items that are not due. Just go to the maintenance items in the dashboard, press and hold "Enter" for at least 10 seconds and choose the item that needs to be reset. I believe transmission fluid is #3, but don't quote me on it.

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
So I found it in the system and did the reset. But it looks weird. The wording makes it look like it's going to reset everything and not just the transmission oil.
Honda Civic 10th gen Maintenance Minder for Transmission Fluid 20200707_174057
Sponsored