Maintenance Minder after TSB Performed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I just had the TSB/recall done for the engine oil dilution. I'm at ~9,200 miles, so I had the first A service done, and was due for the B service at whatever mileage is next. I have the maintenance plan and the dealer told me the recall and oil change would not affect the oil change and other maintenance done with B. However, the oil life meter was reset, so now my car says the next maintenance due is A and I have no idea when the B maintenance was actually supposed to be done. For those with the maintenance plan that had the recall done, how did it affect you? Did they still do the next service at whatever mileage? Did the car still say it was due for the next service?
Sponsored

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
You'll have to look at the paperwork you were given to see what was done with your car. If you're concerned that B maintenance was not completed you should call them and ask.

MAIN-CODE
WHAT IT MEANS:
A
Replace just the Engine Oil
B Replace the Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Inspect Front and Rear Brakes, Check the Parking Brake Adjustment, Inspect other items specific to the Vehicle
SUB-CODE WHAT IT MEANS:
Rotate Tires
2 Replace the Air Cleaner Element, Check the Drive Belt, Replace the Dust and Pollen Filter
3 Replace the Transmission Fluid and Transfer Fluid (if equipped)
4 Replace the Spark Plugs, Replace the Timing Belt (if equipped), Inspect the Water Pump, Inspect Valve Clearance
5 Replace the Engine Coolant
6 Replace Rear Differential Fluid (if equipped)

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
You'll have to look at the paperwork you were given to see what was done with your car. If you're concerned that B maintenance was not completed you should call them and ask.

MAIN-CODE
WHAT IT MEANS:
A
Replace just the Engine Oil
B Replace the Engine Oil, Oil Filter, Inspect Front and Rear Brakes, Check the Parking Brake Adjustment, Inspect other items specific to the Vehicle
SUB-CODE WHAT IT MEANS:
Rotate Tires
2 Replace the Air Cleaner Element, Check the Drive Belt, Replace the Dust and Pollen Filter
3 Replace the Transmission Fluid and Transfer Fluid (if equipped)
4 Replace the Spark Plugs, Replace the Timing Belt (if equipped), Inspect the Water Pump, Inspect Valve Clearance
5 Replace the Engine Coolant
6 Replace Rear Differential Fluid (if equipped)
I wasn't due for the first B maintenance yet (the second set of maintenance on the car, I believe at 12,500 miles), but because the oil life meter was reset the car now thinks the next service due is A. That's the issue. Sounds like I'll have to call the dealer though and see what they see about it.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
I wasn't due for the first B maintenance yet (the second set of maintenance on the car, I believe at 12,500 miles), but because the oil life meter was reset the car now thinks the next service due is A. That's the issue. Sounds like I'll have to call the dealer though and see what they see about it.
Gotcha, I misunderstood and thought you were due for B maintenance.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
1) yes.. read your receipt.. hopefully they spelled everything out that was done and not simply write "TSB performed".... lol

2) You could simply follow the MM and when you are, per the MM, down to your next service need (showing again as Axxx) you could simply ask that a "B" service be performed.
Sponsored