Maintenance Minder A129, should I get service?

shayansiddiqi3

ssiddiqi3
First Name
Shayan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

So I just got the Maintenance Minder A 129. Currently I own a 2017 Honda Civic EX-T with about 45k km (yeah my commute is alot lol).

A - Replace Engine Oil (which I will get done)
1 - Rotate Tires (I had tires rotated top of the year, only once since I owned the car)
2 - Replace Air Cleaner Element
9 - Service front and rear brakes.
Inspect tie rod ends, steering gear box and boots.
Inspect suspension components.
Inspect driveshaft boots.
Inspect brake hoses and lines (including ABS/VSA).
Check all fluid levels and condition of fluids.
Inspect exhaust system.
Inspect fuel lines and connections.
(do I need to get 9 done? is it too soon?)

In addition, my car is making a squeaky noise from the engine when I accelerate the car or hit the pedal on reverersing, not sure if that is due to to the brakes.

Please advise if you can what I should do and which ones do I need to get done.
Sponsored

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
You have 4 service codes and your car is makimg noise?

Yeah, get maintenance.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do the air filter yourself, way cheaper, and get the rotation done at a tire shop or do it yourself, for the same reason.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Considering all the complaints out here about rear brakes, I would think you should simply follow the guide. A/1/2/9. Get your car serviced.

Can you do some of it yourself? Sure if you want to learn, have the tools and the time to do it. Or, have someone else do it (dealer, certified shop etc). All that matters from any warranty perspective is that you have paperwork to support that the work was done. This is most easily performed at the dealer where you bought your car.

The squeak you mention could be unrelated. And if typically luck happens 1) "they all do that" or 2) "We couldn't repeat the sound".

razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sentra
Country flag
Considering all the complaints out here about rear brakes, I would think you should simply follow the guide. A/1/2/9. Get your car serviced.

Can you do some of it yourself? Sure if you want to learn, have the tools and the time to do it. Or, have someone else do it (dealer, certified shop etc). All that matters from any warranty perspective is that you have paperwork to support that the work was done. This is most easily performed at the dealer where you bought your car.

The squeak you mention could be unrelated. And if typically luck happens 1) "they all do that" or 2) "We couldn't repeat the sound".
My 2017 civic has power train warranty for 160K, comprehensive expired at 60K.

Is only the oil change necessary to not void the power train warranty?

Would not checking brakes, brake lines, etc (whatever else is in service a129) void comprehensive warranty? Though comprehensive does not cover wear and tear items such as, suspension or brake parts.

My oil is at 20% when do you guys change your oil. At 0% or 10%?
Sponsored