Snowwolfe

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 LX CVT sedan, blue. 2019 F250 Super Duty Lariat 2017 Ford Expedition
Country flag
Is there any difference in the type or quality of interior material between the two models? I am mainly concerned about the seats. Audio differences?
Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Absolutely no difference at all between them. As for the seats, any Civic without leather uses the exact same seats.

OP
OP

Snowwolfe

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any difference in the quality of the sound system?

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Is there any difference in the type or quality of interior material between the two models? I am mainly concerned about the seats.
Thanks
The seats are basically the same but in the Sport sedan, the sides (and center of rear bench) are a synthetic leather. It's similar to the Accord Sport interior but there is less 'leather'. The Sport sedan also has the 8 speaker sound system as it gets the touch screen system. If you are talking about the LX vs. Sport hatch, the interior is exactly the same and so is the 4 speaker sound system.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought that the 2019 Sport sedan has 8 speakers.
I don't know about the 2019, but that 16-18 LX and Sport only have 4 speakers. Sport maybe has a sub.

OP
OP

Snowwolfe

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Correct, sedan, LX vs Sport on 2019 models. I can see the differences in the seats. Test drove a LX yesterday and the base stereo sucked. Is the system in the Sport model any better?

Last edited:

redstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2019 CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Correct, sedan, LX vs Sport on 2019 models. I can see the differences in the seats. Test drove a LX yesterday and the base stereo sucked. Is the system in the Sport model any better?
It is definitely better but not great. The speakers are junk. They weigh a few ounces and the magnets are tiny. I replaced mine with Focal ISC 165's. After a bit of break in, they sound great. I can turn up the stereo quite loud without much distortion. I listen to rock and metal so bass isn't a huge deal but I may still add a compact sub in the trunk. The door speakers were easy to replace but he rear ones require pulling quite a few interior panels out. It was worth the hassle though,

OP
OP

Snowwolfe

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Case closed, I put a deposit down on the LX. Dealer offered less money off the Sport than the LX so we stayed with LX. Its a third vehicle for us so we can do without the extras.
Appreciate the advice so far.

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
Case closed, I put a deposit down on the LX. Dealer offered less money off the Sport than the LX so we stayed with LX. Its a third vehicle for us so we can do without the extras.
Appreciate the advice so far.
Congrats. The LX may not be as attractive as the Sport but they share the same engine, transmission, chassis and body panels. The LX should get slightly better mileage and better comfort on choppy pavement because of the smaller tires and may be a bit more reliable because of the lack of electronics. As well, replacement tires and rims will cost a lot less on the LX.

It is a very practical choice that may last you 15+ years.
Sponsored