xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
lets start with the wiring:
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread connector_zpsvmfpb29y

here is all you need to know for basic sound. alas how to connect without molesting the connector.
all i could think of:
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread connector%20wireing_zpsznsmo3yi

i used wires with the pins from the connector i bought.
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread wirelug_zpslb1pcpb2

soldered them to the harness of the new deck, shrink tubed them. fits tight. but temporary for sure. the only other connections needed are the antenna:
Metra 40-HD11 2009-Up Honda Antenna Adapter Cable
this is all the wiring i have done. i will still need to connect the camera and steering wheel controls. sometime in the future.

OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
to fabricate a make shift bezel i first used a part from the old radio
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread d8f603fb41a4ed61dfd26aa5d9d09a71_zpsd7z8zjbd

#3 in the diagram above connected by 4 small phillips head screws that are tight. use the correct size blade to remove.
for the face plate i used some thin plywood. try not to use plywood splinters to easy. to attach i just used the 4 phillips screw attachment
points with #6 x 1.25" crappy machine screws. better way would have been to mount studs on the back. next one.
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread backface_zpsx2ynqd8n

back
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread frontfacer_zpsjrolab5m

front
there you have it. not a very good looking bezel for a brand new car.
is it worth it? i think so, i can now listen to all my favs now in real enjoyment.

mrdarling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Civic EX Coupe
to fabricate a make shift bezel i first used a part from the old radio
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread d8f603fb41a4ed61dfd26aa5d9d09a71_zpsd7z8zjbd

#3 in the diagram above connected by 4 small phillips head screws that are tight. use the correct size blade to remove.
for the face plate i used some thin plywood. try not to use plywood splinters to easy. to attach i just used the 4 phillips screw attachment
points with #6 x 1.25" crappy machine screws. better way would have been to mount studs on the back. next one.
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread backface_zpsx2ynqd8n

back
Honda Civic 10th gen LX radio replacement  thread frontfacer_zpsjrolab5m

front
there you have it. not a very good looking bezel for a brand new car.
is it worth it? i think so, i can now listen to all my favs now in real enjoyment.

Looking good! Can you throw in how you connected blue tooth/rear-view when you finally get to it? Hopefully they come out with a trim kit soon!

OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
will do. i think bluetooth is up to the stereo unit itself, it's set up in the head unit itself. the rear view cam still trying to figure what is exactly needed. i think it's an adapter thats already out there. same with the steering wheel controls.
as far as the pioneer stereo it sounds fine, but i can tell that some new speakers are in the near future. i put some not that good infinity's in the front resulting in a vast improvement. the infinities were way old and the basket was kinda tweeked. one rattles i hope. i hope its not the door.

Deleted member 3091

If the radio gets replaced will the backup camera still work that comes with the car?

OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
a very big thanks for the pin outs. i had noticed that the sys requirements have changed and was going to try, but this is great just what i need.
i have also been going to the metra site real regular like and still nada.
going to redo the make shift bezel as the cheap factor is starting to take hold and bother me.
will post when i figure how to connect all the misc. wires.

OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
If the radio gets replaced will the backup camera still work that comes with the car?
i'm betting my money it will. even if none of the other features ever get hooked up, its still worth it for the sound.
a sign that Metra, who make kits, is working on it would be that the have changed what they have for the '16 civic. there used to list more.

CBMCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
COSMIC BLUE METALLIC CIVIC
FINALLY!!
Where's the best place to get this?!?!?

OP
OP
xcivicx

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i'm looking but cant find it yet. the buy it link is for dealers.

if you look at the pdf for this part you might notice there is a wiring adapter listed to retain navi inputs. can't find it either...... yet.

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Si and 2016 Civic LX Coupe (6spd)
Vehicle Showcase
Crutchfield has the kit's available now BTW..

also does anyone know if there is an amp turn on wire?
Sponsored

Last edited: