956coupe

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX-P Coupe
Country flag
Basically what the title states, I have an LX-P coupe that literally scrapes on dips you would never imagine and getting out of parking lots. I try to angle the car to avoid scraping the front bumper but it seems to not work all that great. Any suggestions on what I could do? Would an aftermarket lip help keep the bumper protected? Was considering getting skunk2 lowering springs but I'm seriously rethinking it
Sponsored

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
If it’s still under warranty you could try to get the dealer to see if they can raise the car. Could be a defective suspension. An really easy solution is to buy a thick lip that covers the bumper and looks nice and it will take the abuse instead of your bumper.

davidpeab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
I have the low profile tires but they are on larger wheels. Maybe consider changing the wheels/tires. Although, that is an expensive proposition, you might be able to sell the existing ones.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
No--you do not have a defective suspension...gosh people are so wierd
Its not your bumper getting scraped, its your skid plate. Its designed to be scraped. Take a look underneath the car and you will see

OP
OP

956coupe

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX-P Coupe
Country flag
Its not your bumper getting scraped, its your skid plate. Its designed to be scraped. Take a look underneath the car and you will see
Thanks! i didn't think it was my suspension since the car rides great. Glad to know its my skid plate taking a beating instead of my bumper though.

OP
OP

956coupe

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX-P Coupe
Country flag
I have the low profile tires but they are on larger wheels. Maybe consider changing the wheels/tires. Although, that is an expensive proposition, you might be able to sell the existing ones.
Very true, maybe i'll try getting a thick lip as suggested before spending a good amount of $$. But thanks for your opinion

OP
OP

956coupe

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX-P Coupe
Country flag
If it’s still under warranty you could try to get the dealer to see if they can raise the car. Could be a defective suspension. An really easy solution is to buy a thick lip that covers the bumper and looks nice and it will take the abuse instead of your bumper.
Thanks, i think i'll look into a thick lip as you suggested

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Thanks, i think i'll look into a thick lip as you suggested
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/222980241396

Here’s a type r style. I couldn’t find any of the wider ones. Mine made my car 2 inches lower but it was a different style. My sisters doesn’t lower her car. I just think it’s weird your bumper is scraping. Have you felt around down there and confirmed the front is scraped up? Your bumper should at least be Like 5 or 6 inches high. That should clear most curbs.

OP
OP

956coupe

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX-P Coupe
Country flag
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/222980241396

Here’s a type r style. I couldn’t find any of the wider ones. Mine made my car 2 inches lower but it was a different style. My sisters doesn’t lower her car. I just think it’s weird your bumper is scraping. Have you felt around down there and confirmed the front is scraped up? Your bumper should at least be Like 5 or 6 inches high. That should clear most curbs.
Thanks for the link! I have felt it hit my bumber about 2 times, it really hurt my heart. I think the other scrapes have been the skid plate as others have suggested, i'm most likely going to get the r style lip just to feel a bit more comfortable

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
If it’s still under warranty you could try to get the dealer to see if they can raise the car. Could be a defective suspension.
Unless the suspension was defective as you said, there's nothing else they can do. Raising the car isn't an option as there's no way to adjust the height of the car on stock suspension..

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
HA!!!

However, to the OP, the GenX are ridiculously low cars. Almost an inch lower than previous models. I catch on things all the time. A loaded (passengers) Civic has a ground clearance of only 4.25 inches and no load it is only 4.9 inches. So depending on how big of a driver you are (I am about 260 lbs), you only have at best, maybe 4.7 inches of clearance. What it really messes with is the approach angles. I have yet to find a speed bump where I live that is a problem but there are many driveways and road/curb points where there is what would look like normal angles and nope. I scrape.

But I like my car so I am plenty willing to deal with it. Makes me not wonder, however, why the multi millionaire that lives near me rarely takes out his expensive toys (Has a Lambo and a Lotus among some other less impractical toys). He probably cringes for some areas of where we live.

Interestingly, the Si is a smidge lower and the Type R is a smidge higher.
Sponsored