Lx owners, do you wish you would’ve upgraded to EX?

Lx owners, do you wish you would’ve upgraded to ex or higher?

• Yes

• No I love base model.

Results are only viewable after voting.

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
Just curious what lx owners thought of their civics? Like them? Wish you would’ve paid more for the extra features?
Sponsored

japan617

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
I got the 2019 Sport Sedan. Larger differences between that and the LX are the 18" alloy rims vs the steel. Leather wrapped wheel and shift knob, Apple Carplay and Android Auto (I don't use this feature..), center-mounted exhaust, push button , remote start, and smart entry.
The EX has the lanewatch which some people have complained about, and a moonroof, and the 1.5T. I could have lived with a LX but the price wasn't a huge difference. I wouldn't spring for the EX because it doesn't offer a ton more for $3.5k compared to the LX. If there was a naturally aspirated hatchback, I would have gotten that to be honest. The drama surrounding the 1.5T put me off because Honda was very slow to respond in the states and I still think their resolution is lackluster..it's unclear if vehicles in all 50 states will be offered the fix.

Last edited:

skshrews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura 2005 TSX, Honda Civic Hatchback LX 6MT 2017
Country flag
Nope
Happy with the LX. Less stuff is less that can go wrong. I don't need "assist" driving. Will probably replace infotainment system at some point, but I'm pretty happy with the system in the LX as I can control everything with buttons (helpful when driving with gloves). Can use regular gas.
Do miss heated seats and mirrors.

Civicguy1206

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-L Hatchback HFP
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 EX-L hatchback ,and I love the extra stuff. I have no problem with lane assist or any of the features. Love my moonroof, leather heated seats, and every other feature it has.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
I couldn't give up my moonroof, heated seats, satellite radio. The 1.5 liter turbo is fantastic. Most of us probably experience the "grass is greener on the other side" thing. Wish I could get a sport touring hatchback, but don't want to pay 30k for a Civic.

—Nicole—

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback
I went from a ‘18 sport hatch (basically LX) to a ‘19 sport sedan and I’m very happy with the change. I also looked at the EX but didn’t care for the moonroof or lane watch so it wasn’t worth spending the extra money.