LX Hatchback MT Like Looking for Unicorns

1. Shankmeyster

Shankmeyster Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
    #16 Shankmeyster, Jan 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    There are only few manuals in this country. Ask anyone in other countries, mainly European and Asian countries and you will still see a LOT of manual cars. I'm seeing plenty of them on autotrader in Oregon. What part of the pacific northwest are you in? That would help narrow it down. 5 on there within 300 miles of Seattle.

2. Blanik

Blanik Member

First Name:
    Philippe
    Car(s):
    Civic htachback 2018
    i'm from canada, quebec (north east)
    for sure manual car represent less then 5% of sale now.....but i thought that i'f you go to a dealer for a brand new car, they can ''build it'' with a manual tranny if you want to.....
    in the used market it can be another story

but my honda seller tell me last years that in quebec the HB they were still a lot of auto car but no manual (exactly like you tell) and it was a honda error since he was selling MORE Hatchback with manual tranny then CVT, for sure there were shortage in ''stock'' for manual, but like i said they were no problem to ''order'' a specific car, just got to wait 5-6 week

3. k757

k757 Member

First Name:
    Keith
    Car(s):
    18 civic hatch
    I also was looking for the same car but I only wanted Grey. At the time (Nov) there were only 4 within 200 miles of NYC. I got mine!

no, the sport trim is bogus (IMHO) +6 hp and +13ish TQ please?!?! Then add in some cosmetic stuff. Sure the wheels are bigger and heavier but the OEM wheels will just sit in the garage anyway. I'm too tall for the Si with the REQUIRED sunroof and my helmet on, so here we are. Just need to get my Hondata and have more power than a stock Si.

4. OP
    clunker

clunker Member

Car(s):
    2004 Xterra
    I think the riddle has been solved. I just visited Honda's website, and they are now showing that the 2019 LX is ONLY available with CVT. The only trim you can get with a 6-spd is the Sport. Unless Honda is willing to build me a custom LX with the manual transmission, they just lost a sale.

skshrews thanked this.
  5. Blanik

Blanik Member

First Name:
    Philippe
    Car(s):
    Civic htachback 2018
    did you live near canada? on the Honda canada site, there is no problem to have a LX HB manual tranny.... it is 23 000$ CAD
    check if Honda US will honor a canadien car warranty...if yes you can always order/buy it in canada

i know it was normal for Canadian to order a US car when or dollar was near or little more then USD, a lot of person have gone to US to bought a car and bring it back to canada (for car that were more then 35-40K we would save easily 3 to 5k)

now with a poor dollar it's not working anymore

6. OP
    clunker

clunker Member

Car(s):
    2004 Xterra
    I live in WA state, so yes, close to Canada. Unfortunately, you cannot import a Canadian vehicle to the US unless the metric components (speedometer) are converted to standard. Also, any emissions that don't meet US standards must also be converted.

I have distant family that used to be part-owner of a BMW dealership in BC, and even at his purchase price, it was not worth the cost to bring those cars to the US. However, considering that you can get the manual transmission in Canada, maybe there is hope that I can order one here.

7. Blanik

Blanik Member

First Name:
    Philippe
    Car(s):
    Civic htachback 2018
    in my hatch back a can change the speedo to MPH instead of KM/H....so this is not a problem.
    for the emission, yeah you're probably right, i dunno what are standard difference from canada to US

ask you're dealer if they can make a exchange for a canadien car......

because i check the Honda US site and you're fuck, they don't even have a LX manual on the US site, but here on Honda canada site the LX hatchback MT is still available. i know that canada are always more prone to buy more economical / small car, maybe that why the manual car are still available here......or maybe have a lot of manual car here and once they will be gone there not available anymore....

8. OP
    clunker

clunker Member

Car(s):
    2004 Xterra
    I think every country in the world drives more manual transmission cars than the US. I'm not sure why we have such an addiction to automatics here. Maybe it has something to do with sitting in stop-and-go traffic in all major cities.

9. skshrews

skshrews Senior Member

Car(s):
    Acura 2005 TSX, Honda Civic Hatchback LX 6MT 2017
    I am willing to sell my LX at a very unreasonable price to you.

10. Multaq

Multaq Senior Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic LX 6SPD

Call your local dealer and ask if they can order one for you.

11. Blanik

Blanik Member

First Name:
    Philippe
    Car(s):
    Civic htachback 2018
    like said before, right now even on the Honda internet site, the LX hatchback manual are not available anymore, the manual are only for sport trim or above....maybe if they have 2018 that are not sell it can be possible.....really sad that US can't have LX manual (happy to be canadian right now.....lol)

12. mechanical42

mechanical42 Senior Member

Car(s):
    Wife Prius, 2019 Civic Hatchback
    I would go with a CPO 2017 or 2018 LX manual. If you don't want to swing for a 2019 Sport manual, why not save even more money ;)