Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question here. Thinking about lowering my 2019 civic type r but am trying to decide which way is best for the car and my wallet. Obviously the right thing to do is purchase a coil over kit (1500$-2500$), but I also noticed that just the spring kits are much much cheaper?? Any thoughts from people who have some experience in suspension work on which route I should head into??? Does just a spring kit make the CTR ride like S@#$??? Any advice helps.

Thanks
Sponsored

slowman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ABM CTR, 08 Mugen Si, 07 Fit Sport, 06 Acura TSX, 95 240 LS3, 93 Civic VX B16B
Country flag
Eibach, Spoon, or Swift. Take your pick. I think most with any of those brands like them. I'm leaning towards the Swift Springs. And I think springs are better than coilovers for the Type R due to not losing the adjustable dampers at the flip of a switch in the cabin. Keeps everything 100% functional. Unless your big concern is slamming the Type R and would want coilovers for that.

Salty Cuban

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 RR CTR
Country flag
OP, what did you end up doing/getting. im putting list of things i want to do to mine and lowering it a bit maybe spacing wheels out is something i want in the future. im very new to all this stuff so any help is appreciated. This is my DD so anything that would keep stock dampers working.Was looking at Eibach and swift springs to possibly get but i was reading needing to get camber arms in the back if i go with Eibach.

Stretch

First Name
Leary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 Civic Type r
Country flag
Hi guys. Has anyone tried the K-Tuned spring

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question here. Thinking about lowering my 2019 civic type r but am trying to decide which way is best for the car and my wallet. Obviously the right thing to do is purchase a coil over kit (1500$-2500$), but I also noticed that just the spring kits are much much cheaper?? Any thoughts from people who have some experience in suspension work on which route I should head into??? Does just a spring kit make the CTR ride like S@#$??? Any advice helps.

Thanks
I agree with Vincent above regarding the Whiteline lowering springs. They allow the most versatility in terms of what size and offset wheels and tires you can run, they provide a subtle and functional drop. We offer a Whiteline Grip Kit, which is the lowering springs, front and rear sway bars, as well as the end links. This kit will transform your Type R to a whole new monster, it will greatly reduce body roll as well as increasing grip. You can find just the lowering springs here: https://unity-performance.com/collections/2017-civic-type-r/products/whiteline-lowering-springs

You can find the grip kit here: https://unity-performance.com/collections/2017-civic-type-r/products/whiteline-grip-series-kit
Sponsored