civic_kid

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
To start off, I’m in need of some good advice on lowering springs for my sport sedan. So far, I think the Eibach Pro Kit or the Sportlines are my top choices. However, I’ve done my research on the forums and have seen some members suggesting to buy a camber kit so the alignment can be in spec with factory. Others, have said they didn’t need a camber kit.

Does anyone have any idea on how much more wear and tear my tires (stock tires) would have if I lowered my car without a camber kit. If it’s not significant, then I don’t see a point in buying one. I’m a broke 17 year old so I don’t exactly have the money to purchase springs AND a camber kit☹. If you guys could give me advice, I would appreciate it so much. Thanks!
Sponsored

Deleted member 31314

If you go Pro-Kit you don't need a camber kit, alignment will be within spec and you won't notice any unusual wear and tear. If you were tracking the car every weekend I would recommend the camber kit due the excessive hard driving but on the street not necessary. Eibach recommends the camber kit for the Sportlines as it is a more aggressive drop than the Pro-Kit, I personally would run the camber kit on the Sportlines as recommended. I know some people who run them them without but they don't drive there cars all that often.

I like the Pro-KIt in my opinion it lowers it enough to improve the look without impeding performance/handling and causing excessive wear.

OP
OP
civic_kid

civic_kid

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
If you go Pro-Kit you don't need a camber kit, alignment will be within spec and you won't notice any unusual wear and tear. If you were tracking the car every weekend I would recommend the camber kit due the excessive hard driving but on the street not necessary. Eibach recommends the camber kit for the Sportlines as it is a more aggressive drop than the Pro-Kit, I personally would run the camber kit on the Sportlines as recommended. I know some people who run them them without but they don't drive there cars all that often.

I like the Pro-KIt in my opinion it lowers it enough to improve the look without impeding performance/handling and causing excessive wear.
Thanks! Yea I’ll be doing street driving and no track whatsoever. Maybe when I upgrade to an R in a few years. . Thanks for the advice I appreciate it!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I enjoyed my H&R Sport Springs for over a year. Only scraped on my aftermarket exhaust and didn't have any problems with wheel and tires.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
dont worry i am on coilovers with 2.15" drop, front camber is -0.6, rears are at -2.6, inside of a rear tires worn 0.04" more than outside in 6k miles, now i am on winter setup
in spring i will put rear tires on front and wear should even out, with sportlines you are looking for around -2.1 camber range, but make sure you do proper alignment, toe is the real tire killer...

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering springs without camber kit? 914221_7049392649706405888_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ohc=HK0xWSsMNQwAX91VopA&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

Honda Civic 10th gen Lowering springs without camber kit? 075826_6918970427255554048_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=TeT0TLNpIioAX-wsH6n&_nc_ht=scontent.flju1-1

Frank Rallye

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC X SPORT+
Country flag

On the Eibach website the following details is present on both kits:

" Rear Camber Kit part# 5.67476K is required for proper alignmen" :hmm: