Lowered? Come on in

Who is lowered on stock dampers? Who is running aftermarket dampers with their lowering springs?

• Lowering springs on stock dampers

Votes: 31 68.9%
  • Lowering springs with aftermarket dampers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Coilovers

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Other: Comment below

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
So I've noticed a lot of GenX Civics are lowered, and plenty of conversation on this spring versus that spring, sway bars, camber adjustment, etc etc.

I've also seen the subject of springs on stock dampers discussed, but I'm curious how many people are lowered on stock dampers, and how many are buying aftermarket dampers to go with their new setup. How are the stock dampers holding up with lowering springs?
Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been lowered on the Eibach Pro-Kit for a year. Shocks seem to be holding up fine.

I do plan on switching to KONI Yellows, iffens they ever come out for our generation.

Zed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6MT FK7 (Sold), 991.2 Carrera S, 3rd Gen Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have had the car lowered on Swift Spec-R springs for over a year or so, maybe 15k miles. No problems at all. If someone made dampers for the hatchback I would buy some but they don't exist.

Slyster9

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 civic cvt lx
Country flag
Running d2 lowering springs only right now but I have Godspeed coilovers waiting to be installed when I’m feeling up to the task

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Currently running d2 springs since November of 2018 and have no issues with anything related to suspension.
Although these springs desperately need the rear camber corrected or you'll be experiencing massive understeer. Aligned the car after installing rear camber arms and adjustable lower ball joints (F Camber -2.0 & Toe 0... R Camber -1.0 & Toe 0.2) and these springs were finally able to shine. Unfortunately i dont have anyone near me with SI's to compare it to, but i have compared the current handling to my Pop's CTR. I must say... it's getting fairly close to very planted feel of a stock ctr... but by no means a CTR lol (totally different animal right there)

MaTtKs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eibach Prokit with HFP Dampeners. Rides like a dream. A little stiff in sport and very comfortable in normal.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Currently running d2 springs since November of 2018 and have no issues with anything related to suspension.
Although these springs desperately need the rear camber corrected or you'll be experiencing massive understeer. Aligned the car after installing rear camber arms and adjustable lower ball joints (F Camber -2.0 & Toe 0... R Camber -1.0 & Toe 0.2) and these springs were finally able to shine. Unfortunately i dont have anyone near me with SI's to compare it to, but i have compared the current handling to my Pop's CTR. I must say... it's getting fairly close to very planted feel of a stock ctr... but by no means a CTR lol (totally different animal right there)
Your location says San Diego, I'm pretty sure there's a whole San Diego X gens group on Instagram. You could look into that if you wanted, there are definitely lots of Si's near you bro

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your location says San Diego, I'm pretty sure there's a whole San Diego X gens group on Instagram. You could look into that if you wanted, there are definitely lots of Si's near you bro
Yeah they are primarily in the Chula Vista area in San Diego County which is about 25mins south of where im at. They usually meet up on thursday's down there as well so more often than not, cant make it.
When i went to visit my parents awhile back, i saw Romel's green Hatch once though... that thing is wide af lol :confused1:
Sponsored