lower driver seat

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
has anyone taken the seat out, is there any room to fabricate a custom bracket to lower the driver seat?

love the seat, but it sits abit high for me
Sponsored

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
has anyone taken the seat out, is there any room to fabricate a custom bracket to lower the driver seat?

love the seat, but it sits abit high for me
I removed the sliders and fixed the seat to the floor keeping OEM height adjustment. Cutting, drilling, milling bushings and wedling was required, but seat is significantly lower than stock, I would say around 1,5 inches. The OEM seat height adjustment still moves the seat to the front when you prop it up, so the lack of sliders is not a problem if a shorter drivers needs to drive my car.

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've gotten the opposite complaint from everyone I know. I have the seat slammed and people keep commenting on how it might as well not have a seat at all.

OP
OP

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I removed the sliders and fixed the seat to the floor keeping OEM height adjustment. Cutting, drilling, milling bushings and wedling was required, but seat is significantly lower than stock, I would say around 1,5 inches. The OEM seat height adjustment still moves the seat to the front when you prop it up, so the lack of sliders is not a problem if a shorter drivers needs to drive my car.
by any chance you have picture of the stock seat taken apart?
is it a bottom bolt or side bolt design?
what does it look like?

i wonder if it's possible to custom fab a lower bracket for the stock seat while retaining the rail

something along these lines (these are for miata)
https://auroraautodesign.com/collec...w-profile-driver-seat-mount-nd-miata-fiat-124
https://pacomotorsports.com/product/nd-miata-seat-lowering-brackets/

OP
OP

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
are there any bolts that will allow the seat to come off the rail or it' hard fixed to the rail?

elmerzasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Unfortunalely eveything is riveted so you have to drill them and replace with bolts. If you want to retain the OEM height adjustment then you also will need to fabricate metal bushings for those 4 points once you drill out the rivets, so once everything is bolted up it will allow for rotation on those 4 points.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
How tall are you OP?

OP
OP

alpinefd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R
Country flag
6' 2

the headroom is ok, more than most sports cars with oem seat. Shoud be fine with a helmet

I'm just ocd for the proper seating position =)

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
6' 2

the headroom is ok, more than most sports cars with oem seat. Shoud be fine with a helmet

I'm just ocd for the proper seating position =)
Oh man you’d hate being 6’5” then lol.

I clear the headliner with my helmet no problem so you’ll be fine. I was waiting to hear 6’7” or something lol. I don’t even have my seat back all the way so I bet a taller person could drive this car.
Sponsored