Andy123az

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems like more people than I first expected have this problem. Sorta makes me feel better I guess. My Civic was bought back in March '16. Maybe this effects a certain range of cars built from xx to xx?
Sponsored

sdfdsfsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Sedan
Have this issue also, passenger and sometimes even driver seat pretty serious vibration on idle (not every time though, but only when RPMs are especially low). Confirm that turning on e.g. headlights seems to fix it. Have not asked the dealer, but if someone gets it cured I would be interested in hearing about it. There have been a couple other threads on it, here and here.

TranceFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Manual
Country flag
Not sure if anyone with this problem has reset their ecu? I unplugged the battery and removed the ecu fuse and another i forget. Started the car, dash said system initializing and my idle was back to normal. Not sure how long it will last but i say give it a try.

evanzhang83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gti
Hey guys, not sure if I'm the only one with the problem but for the past few days, my engine seems to be idling really low. Normally the car idles at 800 RPMs but I've been idling at 600 RPM's lately. I notice because the car vibrates more so than it would if it idled at 800 RPM.

Two days ago I changed the oil on my Civic with Mobil1 0W-20 oil, like the car recommends. I also added a K&N oil filter during the process. I doubt this is the cause as to why the car idles so low. I've linked the oil below.

It has been getting colder where I live, though not that cold (45 degrees Fahrenheit).

Is there a computer problem with the car? A mechanical issue? Should I take it to the dealership and have them check it out?

Thanks for any responses.

The oil I used:
https://mobiloil.com/en/motor-oils/mobil-1/mobil-1-extended-performance
i have the same problem since the end of this summer ,because the weather was cooler ,so i star to not use ac , then i find out the problem .
went to the dealer twice for this , both told me this is normal , so if anyone fix this , really appreciate for the experience then.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I adjusted my idle to 650rpm with FlashPro and its much better now. Factory idle is 620 with no load

if you have your climate control on/headlights on. it will raise your idle up since it draws more power

Last edited:

evanzhang83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gti
I adjusted my idle to 650rpm with FlashPro and its much better now.

if you have your climate control on/headlights on. it will raise your idle up since it draws more power

I think that will be my last choice if HONDA can't fix it ,at least my dealer can not do anything about it.
hope someone here can have good news after go to dealer.

OP
OP
Andy123az

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do I really have to get FlashPro to get the idle back to 650RPMs? Is there a TSB out for this problem? Has anyone tried to disconnect their battery for 30+ seconds to see if the problem went away? I'm unable to experiment because of all the work hours I'm putting in.

touring420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WOP Touring.. 2003 Civic DX (for sale btw)
Country flag
Mine has been doing the same thing for a while now. It dips to 500 coming to a complete stop and just sitting in traffic. Shifting to Park/Neutral puts the RPM back to where it's suppose to be though and it stops vibrating as bad.

I want to note that I do not have a catch can.
Mine does the exact same thing also,but I've only noticed it after the turbo surge recall was done.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does the exact same thing also,but I've only noticed it after the turbo surge recall was done.
True that.. hmm. Mines been idling perfectly in the cold weather @ 650rpm lately though..

PS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Mine does it too. If I turn on climate control, it stops. I notice the passenger seat vibrating quite a bit...

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine has always idled just a hair above 600 when fully warm...and with the colder weather, this happens less often (electric draw from accessories). Like other said, if I turn the climate off and its fully warm, the idle is a little rough. But hey - its a 4 banger, its smooth enough to me anyways.

Speaking of which - has anyone noticed their car temp *decrease* when cruising at low (sub 2k) RPM? I've watched it drop driving 35-45 MPH a few times :eek:

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Mine has always idled just a hair above 600 when fully warm...and with the colder weather, this happens less often (electric draw from accessories). Like other said, if I turn the climate off and its fully warm, the idle is a little rough. But hey - its a 4 banger, its smooth enough to me anyways.

Speaking of which - has anyone noticed their car temp *decrease* when cruising at low (sub 2k) RPM? I've watched it drop driving 35-45 MPH a few times :eek:
i seen my drop at idle a few times. its a small engine is my guess

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth the stock equivalent tune on Flash Pro shows the idle set to 630 RPM and that doesn't change on all the Flash Pro tunes.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like it may be an octane issue.. I just went from 91 back down to 87 and the 600 idle returned and doesn't idle as smooth now compared to when it ran on 91. I'll go back to high octane next tank and see it it smooths out again..

OP
OP
Andy123az

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been using 87 octane in the entirety of the car's life and haven't had the low idle problem until a month ago.
Sponsored