Loud screeching noise

surf183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
So just recently this screech started happening, but only when i go in reverse. Only once at 5-10 going forward it made that sound..i thought maybe its a rock but i dont see any marks on the rotors so any ideas on this?
Sponsored

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
rock stuck between the dust shield and the rotor. You can either drive if for a minutes and it will dislodge or you take off the rim and look for the rock and pull it out.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Ditto to rock stuck in the shield.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve had this happen 4-5 times in the (7) months I’ve had the car. Appears the brakes are very susceptible to rocks. Very annoying.

Never had this issue with any other car.

So just recently this screech started happening, but only when i go in reverse. Only once at 5-10 going forward it made that sound..i thought maybe its a rock but i dont see any marks on the rotors so any ideas on this?

OP
OP
surf183

surf183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
rock stuck between the dust shield and the rotor. You can either drive if for a minutes and it will dislodge or you take off the rim and look for the rock and pull it out.
See i thought it would have gone out by now but its been going on for about a good week..rock must be in there pretty damn good. Also seems to be only when i turn the wheels either left or right‍♂‍♂

OP
OP
surf183

surf183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
I’ve had this happen 4-5 times in the (7) months I’ve had the car. Appears the brakes are very susceptible to rocks. Very annoying.

Never had this issue with any other car.
Is yours only when you turn the wheel as well or is constant

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve had:

1. Intermittent light grinding while driving straight or turning.. happened a couple times. Starting to do again.

2. Grind when putting in reverse. Couple times

3. Absolutely horrible grinding when driving (this one was the worst and occurred about 1 month ago)

Each time I’ve taken to dealer. First couple times they said brakes were really dirty.

On the horrible grind they found (2) rocks in the shield. Said no damage occurred.

Surprisingly they haven’t charged me for fixing.. but it keeps happening and I doubt they will continue to do so. Looking into picking up an
ez-Car lift and some tools to make it easy to fix myself from now on.

I daily the car and my job has a lot of rocks and dirt in the roadways.

Is yours only when you turn the wheel as well or is constant

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty sure there is a rock stuck in there. I’ve had them lodged in there and it only when away when I took in for service after getting tired of the noise

See i thought it would have gone out by now but its been going on for about a good week..rock must be in there pretty damn good. Also seems to be only when i turn the wheels either left or right‍♂‍♂

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
sometimes its lodged in there good. Best thing i thinjk is drive it then his the brakes kinda hard then accelerate and brake sorta like when you just changed the brake pads. It is annoying and as everyone says its quite annoying and happens very commonly sadly

Barondhonneur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I left the contract because of that. Noise beginning after 5000km .Bye Bye FK8.

Last edited:

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
This is always a rock stuck in there, and all I typically do is get out, poke the brake shield at the top, side, and bottom a few times each and that usually solves it.

I will say this is super embarrassing when you are pulling up to a gas pump and your car sounds like a 70's Pontiac with the floor falling out of it when it acts up at the wrong time.

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Welcome to the club!

I got mine fixed a couple of weeks ago. Dropped my car off at my dealer with a list of issues and actions I wanted them to do. This was one of them.
Told them to bend the shields as far out as possible to create more space. And so they did.

So far so good....

JESFromASC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2015 Silverado, 2007 Rabbit
Country flag
This is sooooo not where I thought this post was going...
I assumed it was about the sound your wife makes when she learns how much that new part cost.
:)
Sponsored