First Name
Arvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hello,

As I've stated in my first post that I'm a new car owner and only driven a small 4 banger Toyota Yaris Sedan in the past. That little Yaris on idle made no noticeable noise from the engine on Cold or Warm Starts but I've noticed that my 2018 Hatchback Sport with a CVT idles pretty loud. I just want to confirm that this is normal or if it's something that I should have looked at. I recently purchased it about 3 weeks ago. I did run it pretty hard the past couple of days since I've reached the break-in miles that was stated in the Owner's Manual. I've tried looking up to see if anyone has asked this question before but a lot of what shows up is "Idle for Long Periods?"
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I've posted a video to give you guys an idea of what it sounds like!

Thanks for everything. These forums have been a great help for a new car owner like me!
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Look very loud to me, or it is the sound take ?
Did you check your oil level ?

OP
OP

Starvin

First Name
Arvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oil level seems fine. Everything else looks fine but it just sounds really loud. I'll do some more digging through these forums.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
100% normal. I assume this is your first direct injected engine. That's just the sound DI injectors make. They are very noisy.

OP
OP

Starvin

First Name
Arvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
100% normal. I assume this is your first direct injected engine. That's just the sound DI injectors make. They are very noisy.
Yes, this would be my first Direct Injected Engine. Thanks for the clarification! I've only ever driven a Yaris Sedan and those things were quiet as can be. I appreciate the information. Again, thank you!

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, this would be my first Direct Injected Engine. Thanks for the clarification! I've only ever driven a Yaris Sedan and those things were quiet as can be. I appreciate the information. Again, thank you!
You're welcome. I had the same experience the first time I drove the new WRX with the FA20DIT motor. Popped the hood while it was running and was wondering wtf was wrong with the lifters on this brand new car. :-D

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
I have updates, I have to leave the car in the workshop, there are no cases of faulty vtc actuator on the 1.5 turbo, but the noise is that, they have to verify it in person, not enough the movies

what a stress
Sponsored