WhatTheFun

Knows some stuff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was quite cold this morning and on the auto temperature setting it decided to crank the fan speed up (all quite acceptable up to this point), however, the noise generated was more obnoxious than any other car I have owned. It almost sounds like a baffle is halfway closed making a slight howling noise.

This is with the air direction set to the footwell.
Sponsored

Whimsey12000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring MSM
Country flag
Mine just started that as well the last few days. Im going to take it in to the dealership because it hadn't done it previously.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
I find mine to be quite loud as well. I typically don't like "auto" though as they always run the fan too high with cold air. I tried it today and found the fan quite loud at anything above the third level. My guess this is the nature of the beast - annoying though. Others?

Whimsey12000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring MSM
Country flag
Mine isn't so much loud as it's got a weird muffled whistle sound. Def gets louder the faster the fan goes. As said above like a baffle is closed somewhere....
It didn't do it the first three weeks I had the car. It just started

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
After starting my car with the remote, I noticed as soon as I got outside about to get in the car the fan went into hyper mode and was super loud. Never noticed that before either.

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '97 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I find mine to be quite loud as well. I typically don't like "auto" though as they always run the fan too high with cold air. I tried it today and found the fan quite loud at anything above the third level. My guess this is the nature of the beast - annoying though. Others?
I haven't used the fan on very high too frequently, but one of the first times it was up super high from "auto", I definitely noticed this loud and somewhat howly sound that you all have noticed. In fact, I thought I had an audio problem and turned my music off and listened a bit until I realized it was the fan.

Mustnabs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
I have a question for you guys.
Would you guys try turning off the fan and turning it back on? Make sure you don't have music playing and if you have the window or door opened.
Do you hear a loud click when the fan first starts or is it just me?
Thanks

mcopolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura CSX, Honda Civic Touring
After starting my car with the remote, I noticed as soon as I got outside about to get in the car the fan went into hyper mode and was super loud. Never noticed that before either.
Same here, I noticed the noise today while remote starting my car. I really wonder if is normal or not...
Sponsored