Lots of hate from previous GEN Si's

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Is it just me or is anyone else getting alot of hate from previous gen Si owners? I am seeing it on many youtube comments and even from other Honda enthusiast hating on this current Gen Si and even the type r. So many people are bashing this Gen because we have a 1.5 and keep comparing it to the K20/K24. Funny enough I had someone tell me they hated they went with a 1.5 then told me how much they loved the d series builds -.- lol. Same person told me they dont see the logic in buying a car above 20k then modding it and hurting the resale value. At the end of the day I honestly dont care what people think I am happy with my purchase and love this car I am just suprised to see such hate within the honda community instead of support.
Sponsored

Black 19 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2013 Ridgeline Touring
Is it just me or is anyone else getting alot of hate from previous gen Si owners? I am seeing it on many youtube comments and even from other Honda enthusiast hating on this current Gen Si and even the type r. So many people are bashing this Gen because we have a 1.5 and keep comparing it to the K20/K24. Funny enough I had someone tell me they hated they went with a 1.5 then told me how much they loved the d series builds -.- lol. Same person told me they dont see the logic in buying a car above 20k then modding it and hurting the resale value. At the end of the day I honestly dont care what people think I am happy with my purchase and love this car I am just suprised to see such hate within the honda community instead of support.
I had a 8th gen k20 for 10 years and while I loved that car the 10th gen 2019 Si I own now I love even more, I don't need to mash the pedal and rev it to the heavens to get it to move around on a daily basis, it is roomier and more practical as a family car and daily driver. I must admit I was a skeptic as well with the 1.5T engine however once I drove it I got exactly why Honda did what they did. I like my Si so much I am actually considering trading in my Ridgeline to get a second one. :agree:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Change can be hard. Before I bought my Si, I went from a 3.3L V6 I was driving for the last 12 years, and it was really difficult to believe that a 1.5L would even come close to the driving experience, even though it has almost the same whp. Imagine you have been driving a car that you had to rev out almost to the max to wring out the power, but now a smaller displacement wrings the same power out at 2500 rpm...and i-VTEC has been replaced by a turbo.

but I don't think all previous generation Si owners are like that, just the most fanatical enthusiasts. I have a neighbor that has the 2014 Si, and he always compliments my car. It's about change. Either you embrace it, or you stick to the old ways of doing things

Last edited:

Marjammer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Prelude Si->'02 Si->'03 RSX Type S->'07 Si->'13 Taurus (Current)
Country flag
I owned 3 K20 powered cars. I loved them all. What attracted me to them was the engine itself. The K20 is a great motor and if there was an award for legendary engines, the K20 would be in there. That being said, this new(er) 1.5 liter turbo is going to be there as well. When I did own my 8th Gen, I dreamed of being able to afford a turbo kit for my car. I would of loved to be able to have the money to be able to tune it for turbo and swap out internals and clutch to be a safe daily driver turbo, 8th Gen Si Sedan. Or even my EP3 or DC5. Now, Honda went and did all that, made it affordable, and made it close to the performance of the NA Civic Si. I can understand the hate but i think it is misplaced. The Gen X is a great car as well and I look forward to being able to create my own ass print in the drivers seat of one.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
most of them are jealous kids either upside down on their 9th and cant get into a 10th or just not knowledgeable. I had an 8th Si and I loved the high revving 8k redline with my skunk2 race header and exhaust. But it had no grunt and had to wring it out to get anything from it. my 10th is just so much nicer inside, with better tech and safety features and a better to drive engine. The turbo gives me what I need when I want it. you dont need to downshift 3 gears to get in the power range of this motor. And lastly, they are jeaulous that for $450 we can hook a ktuner up and smoke a fbo 8th or 9th that they spent $1500-$2000 on for that power. Not only do they talk a lot, they like to pull up and rev and want to race a lot. It doesnt end well for them

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Lots of hate from previous GEN Si's tenor

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
8th and 9th gen owners in particular can't fathom the 10th gen being a better car. They look for excuses like it being a tiny engine, and a not having VTEC as a reason to put down the car. They especially hate seeing stock turbo cars, or upgraded turbo 10ths putting down good numbers in a 1/4 mile or smacking the crap out of those older Ks with snails on em. I hated on the Si before it came out as well though, I thought it was going to be lame having the same motor as the lower trims this time around since the lower trims for a long time have had the weaker R18 motor compared to the K series engines. After owning the car, I've never been happier with a Honda though. The suspension feels so good, and the power is quite nice after some mods, there is still plenty of room for more. Hopefully it remains reliable and because that would be the icing on the cake for this car. :)

Boostjuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty much what everyone has said already. I would also add that I think most of those people who bash it probably haven't driven/been in one. Maybe lots of people who have only ever experienced an N/A civic as well. I've had a couple S2000's a while back and they were so much damn fun to rev out, but as soon as I got into a boosted car, even a lower powered 10th gen si, I found it to be just as fun if not better. At least with respect to power delivery.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Pretty much what everyone has said already. I would also add that I think most of those people who bash it probably haven't driven/been in one. Maybe lots of people who have only ever experienced an N/A civic as well. I've had a couple S2000's a while back and they were so much damn fun to rev out, but as soon as I got into a boosted car, even a lower powered 10th gen si, I found it to be just as fun if not better. At least with respect to power delivery.
That one I would have to disagree myself, S2000s are such a thrill to drive especially AP2s. They are very impractical though, and I would not want one for a daily driver, I would rather have the 10th gen for a daily, owning best would be the best of both worlds.
Sponsored