Lost Nav Function with hondahack

Sharky82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport touring
Has anyone noticed that when hondahack is installed (to allow tunerview on the head unit), the navigation pop up and alerts no longer work on the info screen below the speedo?
Sponsored

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Even if this were the case, I'd rather get an actual Garmin standalone unit in place of the poorly integrated and horrid Garmin interface that's built into the head unit.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Just saw this thread. I have the same issue. The compass is gone as well as turn by turn. The instrument cluster is blank. I just opened a thread in the audio/nav/electronics area to hopefully get more feedback from people.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Just saw this thread. I have the same issue. The compass is gone as well as turn by turn. The instrument cluster is blank. I just opened a thread in the audio/nav/electronics area to hopefully get more feedback from people.
I guess this has been confirmed with HondaHack, then. Did you both do the web browser version?

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Yes I did the web browser version
What version are you running with this issue? I will check later today on my car.

By the way, there is a new version of HondaHack just released with the following notes:

Honda Hack 4.6.3
Oct 10, 2018
  • Play navigation audio in separated guidance channel so navigation apps (except Google Maps) can work together with FM/DAB/CarPlay media sources.
  • Add support for Google Play Services, Google Play Store, YouTube and etc.
Have you tried it?

Also saw the issue is acknowledged and apparently dealt with in the previous version:

Honda Hack 4.4.8
Sep 11, 2018
  • Show navigation directions in the Instrument cluster of Civic.
  • Add an option to restore the last used function at startup.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What version are you running with this issue? I will check later today on my car.

By the way, there is a new version of HondaHack just released with the following notes:

Honda Hack 4.6.3
Oct 10, 2018
  • Play navigation audio in separated guidance channel so navigation apps (except Google Maps) can work together with FM/DAB/CarPlay media sources.
  • Add support for Google Play Services, Google Play Store, YouTube and etc.
Have you tried it?

Also saw the issue is acknowledged and apparently dealt with in the previous version:

Honda Hack 4.4.8
Sep 11, 2018
  • Show navigation directions in the Instrument cluster of Civic.
  • Add an option to restore the last used function at startup.
Where did you come across those release notes? I will have to check my version but I am assuming it is the latest since I just did the honda hack via the web version last week.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Where did you come across those release notes? I will have to check my version but I am assuming it is the latest since I just did the honda hack via the web version last week.
Release notes can be found on their website or here: http://www.autohack.org/release-notes/

If you installed it last week, there is probably an updated version already since the last one was released yesterday.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Release notes can be found on their website or here: http://www.autohack.org/release-notes/

If you installed it last week, there is probably an updated version already since the last one was released yesterday.
Interesting. I installed Oct 5th honda hack pro via the web. After seeing your post I checked the version and it is 4.3.6. However when I had honda hack check for updates it said I was running the latest version.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Interesting. I installed Oct 5th honda hack pro via the web. After seeing your post I checked the version and it is 4.3.6. However when I had honda hack check for updates it said I was running the latest version.
I used the Garmin navigation on the headunit into work just now and it showed the prompts on the dash display just fine. The version I had was 4.2.9 which is strange since I just did the update last week and thought I had 4.4.8.

Can't explain the anomalies we are seeing with the install/update dates and version numbers. :dunno:

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fixed

Ended up emailing the developer since the web install did version 4.3.6 and when I checked for updates it prompted that I had the latest version. Received an email back "Launch Honda Hack / Install and uninstall apps / Install apps online, then install the latest version." This did the update to the latest version 4.6.3 and when I started the car the compass returned on the instrument cluster. Tomorrow I am going to test the turn by turn but will assume at this point that is resolved as well.

Now my guess for why the web installation did an old version install is maybe a typo in the programming (4.3.6 vs 4.6.3). So during everything it grabbed older files where he has everything stored. Just my theory.
Sponsored