Lost 2 Deposits for a CTR need help!!!

TypeRish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Rsx Type S & 2015 Tlx
Had 2 deposits at two dealerships and lost both.. the first dealership told me i was guaranteed to get the first one in but price/eta/color was unverified.. 3 days ago they sold it for 60k..

no big deal it was black and my first choice was red or white so i wasn't disappointed since i had my backup deposit..

2nd dealership i had a deposit for a red one @ Msrp eta today 6/22.. i get a call from my sales rep this morning saying the owner of the dealership decided hes going to keep it.

So now im stuck with no Car, i have a bank check and my down payment ready.. i cant seem to find one in the NE region if anyone has any info on any cars sitting at a dealer please let me know willing to travel as well..
Sponsored

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Did you go to the dealer an verify that the first one was sold? These dealers are a bunch of lying MF's. Looks on cars.com and do a search. There are probably 37 TypeR's on there.

Antfeldsch

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Civic si
Had 2 deposits at two dealerships and lost both.. the first dealership told me i was guaranteed to get the first one in but price/eta/color was unverified.. 3 days ago they sold it for 60k..

no big deal it was black and my first choice was red or white so i wasn't disappointed since i had my backup deposit..

2nd dealership i had a deposit for a red one @ Msrp eta today 6/22.. i get a call from my sales rep this morning saying the owner of the dealership decided hes going to keep it.

So now im stuck with no Car, i have a bank check and my down payment ready.. i cant seem to find one in the NE region if anyone has any info on any cars sitting at a dealer please let me know willing to travel as well..
I went to Martin Honda today in newark de, they have a white one but 15 over msrp.

OP
OP
TypeRish

TypeRish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Rsx Type S & 2015 Tlx
didn't you get a signed contract with the deposit?

The first deposit was for $1k i went in person and just signed an invoice not really a contract.. they wouldnt write up a contract because they had no info on the car ( as they claimed)

Second deposit was over the phone with a debit card

OP
OP
TypeRish

TypeRish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Rsx Type S & 2015 Tlx
Did you go to the dealer an verify that the first one was sold? These dealers are a bunch of lying MF's. Looks on cars.com and do a search. There are probably 37 TypeR's on there.
100% it sold guy came in with cash

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
If I were you, I would insist on buying the next CTR they get no matter what. . . . at the very least. In fact, I would make a big stink for their not selling the first ones they got to you. Your verbal agreement is an enforceable contract, but of course, it's their word against yours unless you have something in writing or on audio (check if your state is a one-way or two-way consent jurisdiction - Google). They would likely claim that there were exceptions to the agreement.

The dealerships would hate for you to go to the media (you know, those consumer complaint reporters . . . . they'd love, love, love a story of a stealer reneging on a deal with customer to gouge another person), or report them to the Attorney General's office for deceptive practices. In some states like MA, certain deceptive consumer practices entitle the aggrieved consumer to recover up to 300% ("treble") damages. These are aside from mere negative word-of-the-mouth PR. Dealers tend to find these consequences rather inconvenient. . . . . and persuasive.

OP
OP
TypeRish

TypeRish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Rsx Type S & 2015 Tlx
JUst called about 20 dealers all are either aold or asking resdiculous adm

MCG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Ours is on hold until tomorrow at 3pm. It is White. If it doesn't sell I will post here. Not sure if you would travel as far as NC. They are charging a 10%($3,477.50) ADM here. Not ideal but lower than most.