TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
So i was trolling through some of the posts on here, and I noticed a popular mod was doing the Rear Motor Mount. The two main ones I have come across is Torque Solution and Hasport. I notice the Hasport one is available to purchase in different stiffness. I do not track the car, but I am looking for a more aggressive drive. But I dont want it to stiff that its overbearing or uncomfortable to drive. I really have no experience or insight on these parts as I have never installed one or driven with one installed so I am unsure of the difference it makes. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!
https://www.swapshopracing.com/cont...e_Motor_Mount_Civic_1.5T_2.0L_16-17_FCRR.html

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...DAP8ejRK62ouJE4puKYFicoK51KZJ-x4aAs1fEALw_wcB
Sponsored

boochi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98' E36 M3 Sedan 19' CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I installed the Hasport RMM on my 19 Si. You can for sure tell the mount is in there. From idle up to 1500-ish rpm or low RPM take off and AC on is when you notice it. It made shifts really direct and less play in the whole drive train. Seems to accelerate quicker also. Made the in cabin engine/exhaust louder due to the increased resonance from the harder bushings. The Hasport unit is amazing quality. They have been around for a while in the aftermarket mount world.

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks, Im leaning more towards the hasport as it gives you the option for different bushings for different stiffness. On the SI did you also have an option for different stiffness? WHich one did you go with?

boochi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98' E36 M3 Sedan 19' CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I have the 62a version. It is the softest they offer but dont let it fool you lol.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed the Hasport 62A. Very happy with it so far.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:
OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you, It’s been full steam ahead for the last several months. Still a lot to do, seems so endless heh.

Pretty sure you will be pleased with the Hasport 62A. Especially if your car is primarily a daily driver like mine is.

It’s helped a bit with wheel hop, though hasn’t completely eliminated it. Don’t really notice the RMM while driving other than the engine noise and exhaust is a little louder as Boochi mentioned. But that’s a good thing, heh.

FK8_JJ

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Honda Civic Type R, 92 Civic Si, 04 Honda S2000, 13 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I have the 62A mount and I noticed that I only feel vibrations during warm up or if I'm parked on a slight incline while idling. Also If I'm cruising on 5th or 6th gear I can hear the transmission more, Kinda sounds like a dog box transmission but not super loud and that's on stock exhaust.

jcp227

First Name
Jimmy Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue (It's even got a rear spoiler)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm currently running the Cusco RMM and I really like mine. There's a some vibrations when warming up but goes away. There is a little NHV around 2800-3000 RPM but it is mild. The Cusco has been one my favorite upgrades. Wheel spin/hop is basically gone. It took longer to Jack the car up than actually installing it.

vethekim

First Name
hakan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Can the rear engine mounts of the 50890-TVA-A11 contract be used for civilians? Is there any part compatibility or build quality difference between the si, sedan, hatchback and typer? I want to improve my transmission. but I don't want any loss of comfort. The current after-sales products are very nice. but i'm a daily driver. In my opinion, some upgrades with the OEM upgrade are more attractive.

diskreet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 BMW M2, 550 Spyder replica, 19 R6, 23 KLX300SM
Country flag
I installed the Hasport 62A, which is the most mild option out there that I know of. Absolutely hated it. It did reduce wheel hop a tiny bit, and tighten up the feel of the car. I loved the significant reduction in movement during shifting, but I can't recommend it.

It added so much vibration and annoying drone at low RPM that I couldn't handle it. I know I'm not a coward because I lived with far stiffer mounts in my Lotus. I had no issues tolerating that, but it didn't vibrate as much. This car has way more vibrations while the engine revs up off idle that will cause rattles in the dash area. If there was a way to get more stiffness, without the vibrations, I'd be all in. The drone was annoying but tolerable. The vibrations, though, felt like they were just aging the car so much faster.

If you don't track the car I recommend against it unless you never has passengers and don't mind rattles. Honda's build quality isn't robust enough to handle it for long.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
3M Window Weld on stock RMM if you can stand 48 hours of cure time. Or Perrin insert for about the same cost. Both minimize additional NVH and reduce wheel hop. I did the window weld but if I had to do it over again, I'd go with the Perrin insert because it's cleaner and quicker for about the same cost.

Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for some insight on Rear Motor Mounts upload_2020-2-14_19-22-48

Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for some insight on Rear Motor Mounts upload_2020-2-14_19-25-37

OP
OP
TypeRNY

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
3M Window Weld on stock RMM if you can stand 48 hours of cure time. Or Perrin insert for about the same cost. Both minimize additional NVH and reduce wheel hop. I did the window weld but if I had to do it over again, I'd go with the Perrin insert because it's cleaner and quicker for about the same cost.

upload_2020-2-14_19-22-48.png

upload_2020-2-14_19-25-37.png
with these perrin inserts, just to understand correctly.. I would remove my stock RMM and replace the bushings, and reinstall stock..?
Sponsored