Looking for help from Si Owners

nblair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
I purchased a 2018 Civic EX-T CVT last Friday and along with the car I purchased an Si Spoiler.

The idea seemed simple enough, just order the spoiler and all necessary parts, jack nuts, washers etc. And find a capable body shop to install. I’ve done all this.

The issue I am having is when I brought the car and the spoiler to the body shop for a quote, the guy said it won’t be an issue, but that I should be aware that the wind force on the spoiler can cause stress and possibly bend my trunk lid due to there not being any reinforcement underneath the trunk. Food for thought.

So being the cautious person I am I called the Honda dealership and asked if the Si trunk lid and the EX-T trunk lid have the same part number, they don’t. I figure the Si trunk either has reinforcement in it to handle the weight of the spoiler, or the trunk is predrilled with jacknuts already installed (as when I ordered my spoiler, the jacknuts weren’t listed as a part of the spoiler installation).

I’m really just looking for a kind individual to do two things:

1. Remove the dozen push pins that hold the felt cover for the trunk in place and tell me if there is reinforcement underneath the trunk.

2. Remove the bolt caps on the arms of the spoiler and tell me if they see anything other than three bolts and three rubber washers to keep the moisture out.

Really hoping this community can help me out
Sponsored