Looking for an HD radio

JamesV1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
One thing i missed about my old car was the ability to get HD band radio and was wondering how i could add that to my current vehicle. I see seicane has a radio thats android based and the Ex and up trim levels supposedly have HD capability. What are some of you guys recomenndations?
Sponsored

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
You have an LX. I'd stay away from the form fitting cheap android brands and just snag a pioneer NEX radio. The 2550 and up have HD radio. Don't get the 2550 though its having issues turning on sometimes I've been swapping out a lot. Also, rather than using the Metra dash kit use the kit from PAC audio.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My civic has an hd radio and it won't pick up the stations in hd for crap, dealer replaced the head unit and it still won't pick up but one local station in hd for longer than a few seconds.
The analog part of my radio sucks as well, I've had pioneer supertuners back in the 80s that worked better :(

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My civic has an hd radio and it won't pick up the stations in hd for crap, dealer replaced the head unit and it still won't pick up but one local station in hd for longer than a few seconds.
The analog part of my radio sucks as well, I've had pioneer supertuners back in the 80s that worked better :(
Why didn't they replace the tuner?

OP
OP

JamesV1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
The tuner is half in the radio and half in the car itself. You dont need to upgrade the whole system on an old car to get HD band but only the head unit to decode it.

Im leaning towarda the seicane since it looks almost stock

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The tuner is half in the radio and half in the car itself. You dont need to upgrade the whole system on an old car to get HD band but only the head unit to decode it.

Im leaning towarda the seicane since it looks almost stock
Nah the tuner is either in the head unit or some other place. Which is precisely why you can slap a HU with HD radio in an old car. With normal after markets the whole tuner is in the radio and it doesn't utilize a factory piece at all if it's not in the HU.

You do you bruh I'm just stating my opinion and my experience w all those factory looking Chinese head units from all different brands (which all look the same) for any car make is that they're trash.

Yuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic X 1.0 exclusive
Country flag
tuner is a piece in honda civic see this diagram if you change head unit is necessarry bypass
Honda Civic 10th gen Looking for an HD radio sublocatio

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dude, Pioneer supertuner was the best you could get. I've never had anything as good for radio
Sponsored