Looking at 19 Civic Hatch. Questions about floor mats, window visors, and other accessories.

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Ex Hatch, Nissan Altima
Country flag
So thinking about getting a 19 Civic ex hatch. I currently own an 08 Fit (and love it, pains me to let it go actually) with the all season mats and they work rather well. I have read here that the all season for the Civic are not very good. Is there any truth to this? I am not opposed to buying a different brand, I just want good coverage. Looks like the Honda branded ones do not cover the dead pedal either.

I am also looking for window visors. Looks like Honda's are not in channel. I have Mugen visors on my fit and their performance was terrible and they started leaking nearly instantly. Weathertech has been my go to for in channel but seems they don't have these for the hatchback, or they are just lumping the hatchback into the sedan.

Lastly what are some of the other accessories that you would recommend?

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Syco54645
Sponsored

OP
OP

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Window visors, check out www.wellvisors.com. They are made well and are much less expensive than the OEM Honda ones
Thanks! If I cannot find in channel ones I will certainly get these. I have never had luck with the tape on ones working very well.

Last edited:

buttersnipes

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I have the WeatherTech mats for my 2018 Hatch. I have them for my fronts and rear and they work great and fit well--high wall, and cover the dead pedal. They only list the 2018, but I'm assuming it would be the same.

OP
OP

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have the WeatherTech mats for my 2018 Hatch. I have them for my fronts and rear and they work great and fit well--high wall, and cover the dead pedal. They only list the 2018, but I'm assuming it would be the same.
These are actually the front runner but but people seem to like the findway mats as well. Trying to find more info on them. Seems pretty sparse.

Scott_ATL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
I have the 3D Maxpider mats for my Sport Touring. So far, absolutely loving them. I have the factory cargo tray in the rear, it's definitely keeping the hatch's cargo carpet clean. Splash guards are a must, IMO. The dealer put tire dressing on my wheels at delivery. By the time I got home, I had black goo all along the sides and rear bumper. I invested in the factory splash guards and no more mess.

OP
OP

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Splash guards are a must, IMO
i see that sentiment echoed a lot in these forums. Complete change from 10 years ago (at least on the Fit). Why do people like them so much now? Just have to do with how the civic kicks up debris or did people finally wise up?

Scott_ATL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why do people like them so much now?
It may be just the wider tires of my Sport Touring, but I was having excess dirt/grime slinging up the side of my doors and the rear bumper immediately behind the wheels. The splash guards have almost completely stopped this and completely worth the $70 I paid for them from College Hills Honda.

OP
OP

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It may be just the wider tires of my Sport Touring, but I was having excess dirt/grime slinging up the side of my doors and the rear bumper immediately behind the wheels. The splash guards have almost completely stopped this and completely worth the $70 I paid for them from College Hills Honda.
Ha just closed that site actually. How bad was the install on the rear? The front looks pretty simple. Back looks to be a bit complex/anxiety inducing with having to cut and drill.

Scott_ATL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How bad was the install on the rear?
Not bad at all. I did not drill into the lower bumper valance as the instructions stated. I used the upper screw and lower clip that were already there, as per the instructions. The center screw required the drilling & cutting for the mounting bracket. I bypassed that the same way others have - put the screw through the inner fender liner and secured it with the bracket. It hasn't gone anywhere in 3 months, and I check it when I wash it. (Others have used screw clips with great success as well, without the cutting and drilling. There's a thread somewhere with pics.)

OP
OP

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh I will have to look for that. Sounds much better.

BataviaJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
So thinking about getting a 19 Civic ex hatch. I currently own an 08 Fit (and love it, pains me to let it go actually) with the all season mats and they work rather well. I have read here that the all season for the Civic are not very good. Is there any truth to this? I am not opposed to buying a different brand, I just want good coverage. Looks like the Honda branded ones do not cover the dead pedal either.

Thanks
-Syco54645
I just got the same model you're looking at. I have the Honda all season mats. You're correct that they don't quite reach the dead pedal -- about 1/4" short of the bottom and a good inch away on the inside. They also don't go under the accelerator -- there's about a 6" square area under the accelerator and half the brake pedal that's exposed. I assume that's for safety reasons. I think my '06 Civic mats covered a little more area but I'm not sure.

Unlike the '06 mats, the new ones are not anchored to the floor. They fit in well though so I don't think they'll move around.

I considered the Weathertech mats. IIRC they cost a little more than Honda's, which surprised me. I don't recall exact coverage though.

Regarding other accessories, I got the body side molding. There are just too many idiots who swing their doors open full out in parking lots. The side molding won't protect everything but I hope it'll help. We checked with my wife's car, and they do block her front doors from hitting my car's sides, but not the rear doors (which have a bigger cut-out). I'm a little concerned that the molding might retain moisture and eventually lead to corrosion underneath, but I think that pales compared to the likelihood of parking lot dings.

(Digression: I'm a bit obsessive about preventing dings so when possible I park in the far-most area of parking lots, where there are no other cars. It really bugs me when I come back to the car and there's another car RIGHT NEXT to mine, when there are numerous unoccupied spots nearby. Why do they do that?)

I also got the cargo tray; it seems fine.

Do NOT buy the cargo net. It's not a vertical net; it lays horizontally over the cargo area. It might be useful to prevent bulky objects from bouncing around but it's useless for holding groceries, etc.

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag

I am also looking for window visors. Looks like Honda's are not in channel. I have Mugen visors on my fit and their performance was terrible and they started leaking nearly instantly. Weathertech has been my go to for in channel but seems they don't have these for the hatchback, or they are just lumping the hatchback into the sedan.

Thanks

-Syco54645
The oem window visor is actually pretty good. I have them and dont have any leaks. They are held on double sided tape and 2 clips that would seat behind the weather strips in the windows.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
In lieu of a cargo net (I had a vertical full-width one in my EP3), I got a Honda cargo organizer. College Hills Honda doesn't list it in their Civic section, but Honda's own eStore site does, and it fits fine. I bought mine from College Hills through the CR-V section of their site. The straps clip to anchors in the rear of the cargo area. The dividers use snaps, so there's no velcro to wear out or catch on fabric items; and it folds flat when I need to carry bigger items.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I recently got Findway mats because I wanted a carpet look. They cover the dead pedal & extend under the gas pedal. They have a weatherproof backing to protect the original carpet. I don't know how well they'll hold up because I just got them but they look nice.
https://www.civicx.com/threads/which-floormats-did-you-purchase.5298/page-14#post-572442

I suppose if I lived by the beach or where it was muddy I might get the Weathertech or similar because they'd probably wash off easily because they're smooth.

A lot of mats/liners use one piece across the 2nd row which I think would be cumbersome to take in & out, especially if they're loaded with water or dirt. The Findway mats have separate fitted mats for each side of the rear floor, plus a piece that goes over the hump that attaches with Velcro. I didn't use the center piece.
Sponsored