SoCalCivicSI

Car Addict
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
South Carolina Near Spartanburg, formally So Cal
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic SI, 2006 2.4 5 Speed EX Accord Sedan, 1973 Ford Ranchero 500, 351 C with 73 Boss 351 block and internals, Holley 750, Edelbrock manifold
Country flag
Hi folks!

Not into spending hundreds of dollars for paint sealers and such but DO want to use a wax that YOU have found lasts a long time.
Just about every wax seems to shine well, it's how long it lasts that's the difference.

What have you used in the past that seems to last the longest??

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Collinite is the best stuff. I've tried others, but nothing compares overall. I use Collinite 845 and it can last 6+ months no problem. I usually try to wax 2-3 times per year, definitely once before winter and one before summer. Car always looks great!

Physix805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you guys wax it yourself or buy the product and take it somewhere to be done?

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Do you guys wax it yourself or buy the product and take it somewhere to be done?
I was an auto detailer before, so I do it all myself. Just need some clean microfiber applicators and buffing towels, very easy. Just need to ensure paint is completely clean, no dirt, and that it's completely dry. Any water while you're trying to buff the wax off will cause streaks that are a pain to remove (as with any wax, really). Otherwise pretty easy to do yourself.

One tip with the 845. If it gets chunky, run it under hot water and then shake it around until it's loose. It should be like water, but sometimes (especially in cold) it will chunk up.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I use Meguiars Ultimate and it's good but it lasts half as long as the Collinite.

Physix805

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was an auto detailer before, so I do it all myself. Just need some clean microfiber applicators and buffing towels, very easy. Just need to ensure paint is completely clean, no dirt, and that it's completely dry. Any water while you're trying to buff the wax off will cause streaks that are a pain to remove (as with any wax, really). Otherwise pretty easy to do yourself.

One tip with the 845. If it gets chunky, run it under hot water and then shake it around until it's loose. It should be like water, but sometimes (especially in cold) it will chunk up.
Awesome tips man. Thanks. I got my civic hatch sport 3 months ago. Keep it clean but have not thought about waxing it yet. Im in dallas so winters get cold and possibly snow this year so i thinkni really need to do this to make that paint/clear coat last.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer the paste version (476 super doublecoat) . I get many more waxings compared to the 845 liquid. The liquid is either too clumpy (cold) or too thin (warm) IMO. Then again, I'm old school (or just old lol) and prefer paste wax in general.

It's been 3 months since I used the 476 and my Cosmic Blue still looks great...

Honda Civic 10th gen Longest Lasting Wax pillar7x

Last edited:

rmalford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si Sedan WOP
If you aren't stuck on only using wax, Carpro Reload has been the top sealant I've ever used. It's a silica spray sealant that has a superior shine. Super easy to wipe on and off. I was using Griot's Carnuba spray wax and Reload is much better imo.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
If you aren't stuck on only using wax, Carpro Reload has been the top sealant I've ever used. It's a silica spray sealant that has a superior shine. Super easy to wipe on and off. I was using Griot's Carnuba spray wax and Reload is much better imo.
That's awesome stuff too I've heard. I've also dabbled with Chemical Guys Black Light and V7. Also great stuff and easy to apply and remove.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I prefer the paste version (476 super doublecoat) . I get many more waxings compared to the 845 liquid. The liquid is either too clumpy (cold) or too thin (warm) IMO. Then again, I'm old school (or just old lol) and prefer paste wax in general.
When I apply Collinite I usually use a DA so it has to be the 845 for me. I totally agree with you about the clumpyness haha. I usually have to let it sit in hot water for a bit.
They are both great though. Collinite is probably one of the best waxes I have used.

Another good one if you can find one would be fusso coat. They last pretty long too.

I'm not really a fan of reload as a standalone product. It's definitely much better than your average spray wax but it just doesn't last long enough used as standalone. I still do use it as a topper on my coated cars though.
Sponsored