EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I am working on installing a lock with a secret button to unlock my glove box. Aligning the latch with the lock has been a challenge and now my factory latch does not catch at all-I think the screws hit something (cable) inside (?).

I saw this and wondered if it might fit my 2020 Si Sedan (?)--It appears about the right size and shape....Not that I want to spent $300+ on it when I have $20 in parts I can do it with and without needing a key.

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/77510-T2F-KIT.html

Edward
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I am working on installing a lock with a secret button to unlock my glove box. Aligning the latch with the lock has been a challenge and now my factory latch does not catch at all-I think the screws hit something (cable) inside (?).

I saw this and wondered if it might fit my 2020 Si Sedan (?)--It appears about the right size and shape....Not that I want to spent $300+ on it when I have $20 in parts I can do it with and without needing a key.

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/77510-T2F-KIT.html

Edward

Honda Civic 10th gen Locking Glove Box Capture d’écran, le 2019-12-21 à 05.30.27

OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag

OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Does that glove box fit a Civic?
I don't know. It is supposed to be for 2013-2017 Accord 4dr LX & Sport. I was hoping someone on this forum might know. It looks about the right size and shape, but that price!!!

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Just my 2 cents: CHH is big on cross-referencing parts that will fit other models. If it did fit; it seems like they'd have picked up on this by now.

Also... don't our glove boxes just pull off the pivot point at the bottom? I get wanting a lock and everything. But it hardly seems secure.

You may be able to disable the factory release and run a steel cable linkage from the mechanism to another (hidden) area underneath. Or maybe a super strong magnet could be used to release the thing manually. Just thinking out loud.

Good luck with it however you decide to go.
Sponsored