Loading tunes via Tunerview / Amazon Fire... also, frustration with instructions (or lack thereof)

ankhaw

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So, I'm finally putting my Ktuner 1.2 into use, and I have my little Amazon Fire, and I watched the video on how to flash a tune into my ECU... but how do I get the tune onto the Fire? I was going to load up the ktuner software onto my desktop and then connect the Fire, but figured I'd ask here before pointing and clicking my way into screwing something up. :)

I'm sure that the solution for this is in some thread on here or somewhere else, but dangit, I'm tired of searching forums for everything Ktuner! UGH! I put this in an earlier thread (a year or so ago), there really needs to be a "ktuner for dummies" someplace. I've been diving through the tutorials on the Ktuner website, and while I've found most of the answers I've been looking for, it takes some searching, and there are some areas where the instructions are just not that clear.

Frustrating examples - the first video "getting started part 1" has instructions on how to load a tune... but doesn't give you step-by-step procedures on really simple things like do you have the car on or not! Only after getting somewhat frustrated did I watch the 2nd video, where that information is contained. After flashing, I drove around with my laptop hooked up, it indicated it was logging, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to actually see what was logged. I wanted to check to see if the tune actually loaded, but I don't know how to see what's loaded on the the ECU. Oh, and you know what's not contained in the list of abbreviations? ECU! (I think that stands for Evil Computer Underthehood) As I said, I'm certain all the information I need is there, it's just laid out in a frustrating manner for a newbie like me, and I'm just tired of spending my time searching and searching for answers.

I understand with any complex technology there's going to be a learning curve, but dang. (still easier than setting my my RTL-SDR)

Anyhow, just my two cents. I loaded up the base 1 map just as a test, so far feeling very little difference in performance, but I guess that's to be expected! Gonna load up one of the other tunes as soon as I figure out this damn Amazon Fire. :)
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Sorry for the confusion. Instead of searching through the forums you could attempt to send a support email to our support contact address. I don't recall seeing anything about this topic come through recently, so I imagine you haven't yet.

The tutorial video does cover both flashing directly and placing the tune into a tuning slot.

The TunerView app can flash the tunes that you place into a tuning slot via bluetooth, as covered in the TunerView tutorial.
Sponsored