Live Pics: Civic Si Sedan @ 2017 NYIAS

Apeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic SiR, 2017 Civic Si Sedan(MSM)
Country flag
I work in the Parts departement at Honda....we just got our electronic parts catalog for the new SI

In Canada we get
-Navigation
-LED headlights
-XM Radio
-540W audio 12 Speakers System

all as standard equipement...

Cool!
The Si gets the 540 watt 12 speaker stereo like the sport touring hatch in Canada? Are you sure? Because the Honda Canada release said it would be the 450 watt 10 speaker system. Please confirm... I really, really hope you're right lol
Sponsored

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Si gets the 540 watt 12 speaker stereo like the sport touring hatch in Canada? Are you sure? Because the Honda Canada release said it would be the 450 watt 10 speaker system. Please confirm... I really, really hope you're right lol
Im going to double check tomorow..but thats what it says in my catalog

Apeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Im going to double check tomorow..but thats what it says in my catalog
Thanks bud, I appreciate it. Hopefully we can get some pricing on the Canadian side soon too. We don't even have a price range yet like the states do.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The Honda Canada press release says:

"All Si models feature a 452-watt, 10-speaker AM/FM sound system..." (452?)

It also confirms standard navigation and LED headlights on the Canadian Si since it will be based on the Touring coupe and sedan as opposed to the EX-T coupe and sedan in the US.

http://hondanews.ca/en/news/release...Coupe-and-Sedan-in-Dynamic-Global-Debut-Video

The Canadian press release may contain errors - the US version did. Initially, the US version advertised rain-sensing wipers and remote start, which were later removed.

Last edited:

Apeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Honda Canada press release says:

"All Si models feature a 452-watt, 10-speaker AM/FM sound system..." (452?)

It also confirms standard navigation and LED headlights on the Canadian Si since it will be based on the Touring coupe and sedan as opposed to the EX-T coupe and sedan in the US.

http://hondanews.ca/en/news/release...Coupe-and-Sedan-in-Dynamic-Global-Debut-Video

The Canadian press release may contain errors - the US version did. Initially, the US version advertised rain-sensing wipers and remote start, which were later removed.
Yup, that is what I was referring to. Hopefully we get the better system, that would be cool.

Tonezorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Series.Yellow BRZ, 2014 Legacy, 2015 Crosstrek. Previous: 2011 Miata GT PRHT 2009 Forester XT, 2007 Cobalt

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's this sort of stuff that makes me not want to purchase an Si this year, or at all. In hopes that they bring standard features to the states, or in not wanting to support the differentiating of trims. Why do it? Doesn't it just complicate the assembly lines? Many manufacturers do this and don't see the point.
Ridgeline owners have the same issue. The most expensive Ridgeline trim sells for about $44K in the US and $52K in Canada. The Canadian Ridgeline has several, exclusive features that you can't get in the US like dual-note horns, rear climate control panel, power folding mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, heated rear seats, ventilated front seats (WHAT?), heated windshield, and turn signal mirrors. Adding insult to injury is that $52K CAD is about $38K USD, so you get MORE features for LESS money!

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I find it so odd that US advertises 450 watts and Canada advertises 452 watts. I thought the 452 was a typo in the press release, but there are multiple references to 452 watts on the honda.ca website, so it appears to be intentional. Not like 2 watts makes any difference, anyway - that's only a 0.4% difference of an already meaningless, misleading number.

Apeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Theyre was a error in the system....the SI comes with a 452W 10 Speakers System..
Thanks for checking fastSI! zroger73 I noticed that difference with the literature as well maybe it is 452 watts and the US material just rounds the number down? I can't see why they'd do that though. Hmmm... maybe it's 452 metric watts vs 450 imperial watts lol.

SpartanSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX and Honda CR-V
Country flag
Thanks for checking fastSI! zroger73 I noticed that difference with the literature as well maybe it is 452 watts and the US material just rounds the number down? I can't see why they'd do that though. Hmmm... maybe it's 452 metric watts vs 450 imperial watts lol.
Funny yes......Sadly American Honda just does not care about the US consumer. All about bilking the US consumer out of their hard earned cash, by under optioning the car, Honda makes more per car. Wish I could just go to Canada and buy the car I want. May just shun Honda and buy a WRX......Hate buying a car that makes me comoromise, knowing full well less than 100 miles from my house that other Honda consumers are getting the car I want.

Tonezorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Series.Yellow BRZ, 2014 Legacy, 2015 Crosstrek. Previous: 2011 Miata GT PRHT 2009 Forester XT, 2007 Cobalt
Funny yes......Sadly American Honda just does not care about the US consumer. All about bilking the US consumer out of their hard earned cash, by under optioning the car, Honda makes more per car. Wish I could just go to Canada and buy the car I want. May just shun Honda and buy a WRX......Hate buying a car that makes me comoromise, knowing full well less than 100 miles from my house that other Honda consumers are getting the car I want.
Subaru does it too, though. First example off the top of my head is that more trims get the fancy headlights, and there's also a heated steering wheel on the 2017 Impreza (In Canada)
Sponsored