Live Pics: Civic Si Sedan @ 2017 NYIAS

iamitman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport 6 MT
Forget the wrap.. paint it Civic black pearl.;)
I have had Crystal Black Pearl first on my 2012 TSX Special Edition 6 MT (Don't know why I got rid of it. (low tech)) and now on my 2015 Accord Sport 6 MT. There is nothing like it clean and waxed but that only lasts for about 5 minutes. I am really thinking about the White for the Si or Blue or Red with Black roof.
Sponsored

iamitman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport 6 MT
Looks nice, prefer the sedan over the coupe myself.

Look forward to seeing what other colors this car will come in. Also would be kind of cool to see if the Civic Sport exhaust would fit on the sedan...prefer the traditional exhaust over the trapezoid look.
You are getting stock mid exhaust. A style mostly reserved for Super Cars and you are complaining? I think it is awesome and they have tuned to sound aggressive as well. I can't wait. I love my dual exhaust but this I like a lot!

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
You are getting stock mid exhaust. A style mostly reserved for Super Cars and you are complaining? I think it is awesome and they have tuned to sound aggressive as well. I can't wait. I love my dual exhaust but this I like a lot!
IMO it's not a good look on the sedan. The trapezoid design looks even worse, circular center exit tips would probably have looked a little better (maybe).

For the coupes and some hatches center exit looks great but on a sedan it looks off.

I'm thinking that the coupe and sedan Si share axle backs but have different mid pipes. So it's probably a cost cutting measure.

I'm curious if the tip is actually a "false" tip or is actually part of the exhaust itself.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Living in the past Bro. Si shares the same engine. With Flashpro the 1.5 Cvt is sure to be faster. Caraddict from YouTube got his Manual EXT under 6sec 0-60 with KTuner
Yeah but don't forget, the Si (sedan at least) has those vents in the back.

bobindy

Bobindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si 4 door
Country flag
I have had Crystal Black Pearl first on my 2012 TSX Special Edition 6 MT (Don't know why I got rid of it. (low tech)) and now on my 2015 Accord Sport 6 MT. There is nothing like it clean and waxed but that only lasts for about 5 minutes. I am really thinking about the White for the Si or Blue or Red with Black roof.
My '95 GSR was black... last black car I owned. I could never keep it clean and I didn't drive it in rain or snow. Even just the dust from sitting in the parking lot at work during the day would bum me out. I loved that car, wish I never sold it.

Xyrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Honda Prelude
I just can't get over how big it is.......you could probably fool people by saying this is the next gen Accord rather than this generation's Si. At least the hatch embraces it's size with a fat trunk

Honda Civic 10th gen Live Pics: Civic Si Sedan @ 2017 NYIAS a33a7183-

Honda Civic 10th gen Live Pics: Civic Si Sedan @ 2017 NYIAS f06eaac76d0813489076ba72dabb58ef

This just doesn't look the "light and nimble" Si anymore. It looks more people-transporter than hot-compact
Imo the 9th gen Si sedan was the ugliest car Honda has ever made, looks are subjective. I think the new car looks much more athletic.

iamitman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Sport 6 MT
My '95 GSR was black... last black car I owned. I could never keep it clean and I didn't drive it in rain or snow. Even just the dust from sitting in the parking lot at work during the day would bum me out. I loved that car, wish I never sold it.
I really wish I learned how to drive a stick first. I would have had Sentra SER SPEC V, Mazda 3 in 6 MT before my Acura and now Honda. I really hope Honda keeps the manuals alive for another decade or 2!

Ice Cardinal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic SI, 2014 HD Iron
I remain uncertain, even after the Civic Si Sedan release, which Honda I will purchase next.

Criterion for next purchase, big to small: Manual, 4-Door, and Rally Red.

Less disappointed with the 205HP/192 Torque than I am with the overall Si Sedan body style.

Still waiting for more info on Si, but If I had to decide now, I'm more inclined towards 6MT Sport Hatch Back.

Regarding article below, I have a stronger affinity with the Japanese team that developed the CTR and HB, than with the American design team.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/04/12/why-2018-honda-civic-si-only-205-horsepower/

Why the 2018 Honda Civic Si only makes 205 horsepower (Joel Stocksdale)

When Honda revealed the output of the 2018 Civic Si sedan and coupe, the world was a bit confused. The car wasn't any more powerful than the 2015 Civic Si with "just" 205 horsepower. And its torque rating of 192 pound-feet was only somewhat better than that car's. Just as surprising was the fact that both numbers were well below the 306-horsepower Type R. However, according to Honda representative Davis Adams, there are reasons for Honda taking this path.

For one thing, going with a high-output 1.5-liter engine was a matter of affordability and which team developed the car. While it may have been possible to detune a Type R 2.0-liter engine, the cost would have still been high to use the engine, even in low-output form. Honda wanted to keep the price tag affordable. In addition, the Si, a North American car, was developed by the American Honda team with the standard sedan and coupe, both of which are primarily designed for the US. The Japanese team handled the hatchback and Type R, and decided from the get-go they would focus on the 2.0-liter turbo engine. Adams told us that the team in Ohio working on the sedan and coupe spent most of their time with the 1.5-liter engine, and knew that they could get more out of it. The result is the engine you know now, and the power comes mainly from a different turbo map and more boost pressure. The internals are effectively the same as in other turbo Civics.

There's one more reason for the lower output. According to Adams, the car isn't designed to be exactly like more powerful options such as the GTI and the Focus ST. He described the car as being "a different flavor of performance" and that it's meant to feel more nimble and precise, something he said is associated with the Civic Si line. The reduced weight of the Si should support this, too. Adams said the new Si is lighter than the previous generation, but he wasn't able to disclose an exact number. If it is in fact lighter than the 2015, it will come in at under 3,002 pounds. In comparison, the Focus ST weighs 3,223 pounds. The GTI generally matches the 2015 Civic Si with the two-door at 2,972 pounds and the four-door at 3,031 pounds.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
There's one more reason for the lower output. According to Adams, the car isn't designed to be exactly like more powerful options such as the GTI and the Focus ST. He described the car as being "a different flavor of performance" and that it's meant to feel more nimble and precise, something he said is associated with the Civic Si line. The reduced weight of the Si should support this, too.
Sounds like a bunch of forced excuses. What what I got out of this was the the Si was the result of cost cutting and doing the least possible from a peformance perspective. I can't help but think there wasnt a lot of effort put into it.

I wish Honda would have just relesed the Si as '16 model considering how little difference there is between that and an Ex-T model. Its just that with nicer seats, helical lsd, adaptive suspension, and hatch bumpers. That should not take 2 years to develop, and it sure as hell isnt a car too cool for a cvt transmission.
Sponsored