Little "foam" spacers under the hatch spoiler?

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 1990 CRX Si
Country flag
Can someone post pics of the little foam spacers that reside between the glass and the rear WINDOW spoiler on their 2017 CTR?

The tint shop removed my rear spoiler to mold the tint to the glass (apparently they mold it to the outside of the glass) and then installed the rear tint but it looks like they didn't put back the little foam spacers in properly and they look like they're misaligned and out of place.

Doesn't look they do anything other than they're spacers to prevent vibration? The spoiler is mounted to the hatch via screws on the side but I think the spacers sit under the gap between where the spoiler is REALLY close to the glass area. Not sure if I should take it back to get them to reinstall the spacers or if I can just tuck them in with a screwdriver or something similar.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Can someone post pics of the little foam spacers that reside between the glass and the rear WINDOW spoiler on their 2017 CTR?

The tint shop removed my rear spoiler to mold the tint to the glass (apparently they mold it to the outside of the glass) and then installed the rear tint but it looks like they didn't put back the little foam spacers in properly and they look like they're misaligned and out of place.

Doesn't look they do anything other than they're spacers to prevent vibration? The spoiler is mounted to the hatch via screws on the side but I think the spacers sit under the gap between where the spoiler is REALLY close to the glass area. Not sure if I should take it back to get them to reinstall the spacers or if I can just tuck them in with a screwdriver or something similar.

Thanks,
Are you talking about this?

Honda Civic 10th gen Little "foam" spacers under the hatch spoiler? IMG_1550.JPG

OP
OP
stevescivic

stevescivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R, 1990 CRX Si
Country flag
Nope not quite. I should've been more clear. The lower spoiler that makes very close contact to the glass. The lower spoiler is actually bolted to the sides of the hatch but oddly there are foam spacers between the closest part of the glass the lower spoiler's underside.

If you have a pic of that then I can reference that back to the shop to say "hey this ain't right..."

Thanks,

Thawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Type R
Country flag
I removed my own small rear spoiler for tint, but I don't recall a part like what you're mentioning. That smaller spoiler is also bolted through the glass itself - there is a grommet around the wiring that goes through there (and maybe a gasket on the underside of that center pillar) but I don't remember any spacers.
Sponsored