Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
E-tunez.com
Steve
$150 special on 10th gen etune
I am currently in the process of an etune and will let you guys know how it turns out.
Hondata only?
Sponsored

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting to see that gentleman listing that he tunes features that aren't available with FlashPro: "Wide Open Throttle (WOT) analysis and tune as well as a complete part throttle and knock analysis package, including dual VTC calibration."
I have no idea what Hondata is capable of or what those things are really (first time tuning). He must have posted those for a ktuner tune? Im not sure. Wanted a Vit Tune but he told me he wasn't interested in tuning hondata on the 10th gen platform. He still has the Ultimate tune on his website though so I don't know what's going on. I was forced to find someone else. Figured for $150 I'd be the guinea pig for everyone. If this tune doesn't end up working out I'm going to go with a guy named Derek with IMW.

Last edited:

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I have no idea what Hondata is capable of or what those things are really (first time tuning). He must have posted those for a ktuner tune? Im not sure. Wanted a Vit Tune but he told me he wasn't interested in tuning hondata on the 10th gen platform. He still has the Ultimate tune on his website though so I don't know what's going on. I was forced to find someone else. Figured for $150 I'd be the guinea pig for everyone. If this tune doesn't end up working out I'm going to go with a guy named Derek with IMW.
That's me!

KTuner doesn't allow for VTC tuning either, which is what's funny about anyone mentioning it.

Matt Noke

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's me!

KTuner doesn't allow for VTC tuning either, which is what's funny about anyone mentioning it.
That's too funny I didn't pay attention to your name. I don't know why it's listed then?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
Vehicle Showcase
Any of these guys tune the 2.0l?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Does anyone have any familiarity with Quantum Raceworks (listed in the OP)? Spoke to Steve on the phone - he was very personable and seem to be very knowledgeable about the 10th gen platform. Would be interested in any available reviews from other forum members.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Steve and I are good friends. He is very knowledgeable and will take very good care of you if you choose to work with him!

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Steve and I are good friends. He is very knowledgeable and will take very good care of you if you choose to work with him!
He spoke very highly of you as well. Thank you for the reference!

BlackedoutFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fred Morales- Derf.tuned- Etune and dyno tune for Ktuner and Hondata
no website
Email: [email protected]
Instagram: derf.tuned

|-Goku-|

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Speed3
Country flag
Do we have a thread to post about the results and experience with their E-Tuner?

Also, VitViper is no longer doing KTuner or Hondata, he works for MoTec now and only does full custom ECU tuning :)

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, VitViper is no longer doing KTuner or Hondata, he works for MoTec now and only does full custom ECU tuning :)
Wow! Didn't realize this. Thanks!

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TDI North (in the uk) recently tested the new HKS Power Editor for FK8 /FK7 civic's and said this about it :

New tuning product from HKS for the FK2, FK8 and 1.5 Turbo cars.

Been on the dyno today testing a new programmable tuning box which is plug and play and non tracable by dealerships if removed...... which is nice.
Honda Civic 10th gen List of Tuning Software and E-Tuners 1f609

Unlike other commercially available products this is actually fully programmable and gave us an uplift of 30flb and 30bhp on our demo car which was put back to stock ecu but is running an Eventuri intake HFC and full 3" exhaust so overall gains are higher than you would see on a standard car but proved the concept and system works.

Power reaches a point where it hits torque limits so won't physically make any more power as the ECU starts to pull power which you can see at about 5000rpm where peak torque is achieved whatever boost we push through it.

We were able to run to 30psi from 22 so gains will be seen as bigger as a max on a less modified car way out of the torque limits to start with.

Being fully mappable I would expect to achieve near 50bhp and 50ftlb as a max an a standard car but in reality 30 is a more realistic figure to keep things nice and safe.

The systems should retail at about £300 plus any dyno time which for people just wanting a little bit more and not wanting to go the full remapping route and potential warranty issues could be ideal.

Expected to be available in about 4-6 weeks.

SparknAll

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Mass/Map&IAT sensor foolery devices are nothing new, hitting 30psi without proper supporting tables of fuel and timing is just illogical, especially with a Ktuner V1.2 being roughly $52 more than this said device, giving access to everything needed to make more power correctly. A proper tune will give more overall useable power at 22-26psi than this device at 30psi, and with appropriate AFR, their graph shows the performance gain with accompanied leaner fueling. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these devices are only "suggested" to be used on vehicles that hit a torque wall after tuning due to ecu firmware limitations.

Last edited:

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Its fully programmable /mappable the old afc sensor foolery devices never could do that .I agree that a full remap is the best you could get , but i don't know what this device is capable of doing either.
Sponsored