Not open for further replies.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Okay.

I can rule out the coil, just swapped them, and had a real bad limp mode experience. Still pushing P0303

I’ll goto stock and see how it goes down

I did notice that #3 spark plug hole was a little tight , and the actual threads of the plug were a bit darker than the others. Not just the tip, but further up towards the insulator as well.
Sponsored

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You did get the misfire code and are having driveability issues. Exactly the symptoms the Honda letter describes. I'd take it in and go from there.
One other thing, do you suggest replacing the stock air box, or will they actually make a stink about it?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
One other thing, do you suggest replacing the stock air box, or will they actually make a stink about it?
If you have an intake, yeah go back to stock for this dealer visit.

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda says there are no P0303 code , the problem can’t be reproduced. The car is fine.

Last edited:

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lessons learned:
1.) turbo exhaust side before o2 must be secure

2.) never trust posts from trolls on civicx.com

Also, I’m not selling my downpipe anymore, I’m giving it away to the first private message requesting it

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lessons learned:
1.) turbo exhaust side before o2 must be secure

2.) never trust posts from trolls on civicx.com

Also, I’m not selling my downpipe anymore, I’m giving it away to the first private message requesting it
which trolls so I can stay away from them

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
which trolls so I can stay away from them
Well here's the list of members (I mean trolls) giving him advice or their ideas in this thread.

You
Me
r.camlin
Micah
procivic

You know, all the shitty trolly members.:cool::eek:

I've read every reply we gave and I don't see any trolling, just trying to help a guy the best we could.

Last edited:

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Really and nobody knew that I missing bolts off the turbo exhaust would cause that misfire which I had stated many many posts ago. I find that really hard to believe

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
First post I saw of yours was the pic of your torn air filter. Never saw anything about bolts.

And the thing is all of this is peer to peer help, no one is claiming to be a master mechanic. The best advice was to take it to a mechanic/ Honda which several of us said.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
WTF are you talking about dude?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really and nobody knew that I missing bolts off the turbo exhaust would cause that misfire which I had stated many many posts ago. I find that really hard to believe
You’re the one who said you took it to the dealer and mechanic and you’re mad at us that we didn’t diagnose your car properly without ever seeing even one picture of your car? GTFO with that. 2 of the most liked and respected members have been here offering ideas and thats how you respond? Maybe honda and your mechanic tuner should have looked at the exhaust. And even then one missing bolt from the downpipe wouldnt necessarily cause a misfire so good luck going forward.

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Did you really expect anyone here to be able to accurately diagnose your problem without looking at your car in person? We all tried, to the best of our abilities, to come to a conclusion based on dozens of posts spread out over four different threads, and it's still a complete mystery. You have a laundry list of things potentially wrong, and apparently none of it was consistently repeatable. This case would have been a challenge even if we could see and test the car first hand. And still, you continued to tinker with it and do WOT pulls knowing that something was wrong against everyone's advice and it's somehow our fault that your car isn't magically better now?

I suggested taking your car to a mechanic to get this figured out, and I'm still not sure if you ever did, but you've been expecting us to come to a definitive conclusion as to what is the root of the issues you're experiencing, which is not possible or wise and none of us are qualified to do. I'm a machinist, not a mechanic or a Honda tech. I do this for fun, not a living.

I'm sorry dude, but if anyone is a troll it's you. I've only seen people trying to be helpful, despite this entire case being practically impossible. Yes, missing a bolt on your turbo is bad news, but judging from your posts, that was one amongst a literal pile of potential problems. How could anyone say with certainty that that was the source of your problems?

jcivics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Anyways, I’m my opinion, people that AREN'T trolls are people that actually help. People like Pro Civic and Charles Rivers, who provide thoughtful experienced feedback. Also, anyone named GT cannot generally be trusted (too muscle car suspicious name)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.