s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000
You guys think there's going to be a limit on the Type R's they designate for the US market? That would suck 1) not everyone who wants one would be able to buy one and 2) that'll just drive the price up for all the ones that are allotted to the US :(
Sponsored

Whoosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Nope they said in an interview specifically...

“I’d hope we could sell a couple thousand a month,” he said, promising not to put a cap on sales."

OP
OP
s2ker

s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000

“I’d hope we could sell a couple thousand a month,” he said, promising not to put a cap on sales."
Ah missed that thanks. Music to my ear.

M1160

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Uber
If I were Honda I'd sell as many as I could. The Type R is likely their most profitable model. If you're gonna spend that much money to federalize it for the US, might as well try to make as much $ as you can off it.

Izze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ILX
If I were Honda I'd sell as many as I could. The Type R is likely their most profitable model. If you're gonna spend that much money to federalize it for the US, might as well try to make as much $ as you can off it.
x2 not like Honda is some exotic manufacturer that should be doing it for the sake exclusivity. To limit its production would be trying to artificially make the Type R seem exclusive, which it already is.

martyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boring Accord family hauler

They should make the Type R a coupe too just like in the render on the homepage. I love hot hatches personally but they could sell so many more if they offer it in coupe and hatch.

Endo_Dizzy

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport CVT
Country flag
Any hope in these dealerships lowering the cost? I've been waiting years and they're still wayyyyyy above MSRP. Local dealer had a 2019 for 48K and I about threw up. I want a Civic, not a used M3 lmao

2019SiOldGuy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Storm trooper Taco TRD 4x4, custom 3 wheel Hy Bird
Country flag
Any hope in these dealerships lowering the cost? I've been waiting years and they're still wayyyyyy above MSRP. Local dealer had a 2019 for 48K and I about threw up. I want a Civic, not a used M3 lmao
They are starting to drop the price for 2020...I waited 2 years. Finally got one in white for 41651 out the door in Cali

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Holy necro batman!

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There’s stock here in Toronto but the car is still considered “rare”

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Depends on where you go. Saw one in Tallahassee FL for MSRP then a month later saw one at a tampa dealership for 55k after their "market adjustment".

I personally like the dealer markup. It shows who the scumbag dealers are that dont deserve any business vs the honest ones.

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
The TypeR has a very low MSRP to be honest. That's why the dealers are marking it up. The car is worth more. You can buy a Golf R or WRX STI for more and they aren't anywhere near the level of quality as the TypeR.

I hear rumors that after 2020, they will discontinue the car for the U.S. I hope they do stop at some point. No sense in having 10-12yrs of production like GT-R or EvoX or Subby.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Note that the next Gen Civic Hatch will be Made in USA or Canada. And the Coupe might disappear. The Type R worked very well in the NA market. Might come a bit late, but I think it will come.

Boostez

Samurai
First Name
Marlin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R; 03' Mitsubishi EVO; 2018 Polaris Slingshot SL-R
Country flag
Note that the next Gen Civic Hatch will be Made in USA or Canada. And the Coupe might disappear. The Type R worked very well in the NA market. Might come a bit late, but I think it will come.
If it does come, it won't be until 2021 and it'll be 11th gen with electric hybrid. Not the pure-breed one like it is now.
Sponsored