Lies dealer tell on servicing vehicle

BallisticSquid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback, 2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You have buy honda it's the most reliable car...15 mins later you need to buy this warranty if something breaks on these cars with electronics it's so exspensive it's only 5 dollars more a month...me "it's 2000 extra dollars.no thanks"....plus other dealers will sell you and extended honda warranty for 800 cash I got quotes
When I was younger I gave the sales person crap about this by pointing it out. So which is it? Is the car so reliable that for the life of it I just have to put gas in it, change the tires, and change the oil? Or, are the expensive components so fragile and prone to catastrophic failure that I need to insure myself up to the eyeballs in case something terrible happens?

When I traded in my '90 civic for a '96 accord back in '96, they gave me a horrible trade in on the civic. It happened to be the same sales person I bought the civic from. When buying the civic I was told about how great they retained their value. I brought this up when negotiating the deal on the accord and he brought up a bunch of issues they found on the car. You'd think the car barely ran and was a rust bucket from the way he described it!! It was far from it and I called BS. In the end I bought the car but I felt the need to make him sweat a little and understand I saw through the BS.
Sponsored

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
When I was younger I gave the sales person crap about this by pointing it out. So which is it? Is the car so reliable that for the life of it I just have to put gas in it, change the tires, and change the oil? Or, are the expensive components so fragile and prone to catastrophic failure that I need to insure myself up to the eyeballs in case something terrible happens?

When I traded in my '90 civic for a '96 accord back in '96, they gave me a horrible trade in on the civic. It happened to be the same sales person I bought the civic from. When buying the civic I was told about how great they retained their value. I brought this up when negotiating the deal on the accord and he brought up a bunch of issues they found on the car. You'd think the car barely ran and was a rust bucket from the way he described it!! It was far from it and I called BS. In the end I bought the car but I felt the need to make him sweat a little and understand I saw through the BS.
You saw through the BallisticSquid? :D

Bru87tr

Man, don't let that big finance manager scare you. Boy, he tried so hard on us to get unwanted accessories and oil change packages we just flatly said NO. He wasn't too happy with that.
And sometimes you just have to be rude cause they don't take no for an answer.

I got pretty angry with my guy, told him to wrap it up or the deal is off. Don't ever feel affraid to say no with a very strong voice.

Any sign of weakness and they go in for the kill. :)

I have never paid for anything extra on a new car. Can't stand the sales guys after the sale.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
As soon as the finance person starts their spiel; How often will you be driving this car? Do you plan on garage keeping it?..I stop them right there and say I am not interested in any extended warranty. And that's the end of that. You have to be confident when dealing with these people.

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As soon as the finance person starts their spiel; How often will you be driving this car? Do you plan on garage keeping it?..I stop them right there and say I am not interested in any extended warranty. And that's the end of that. You have to be confident when dealing with these people.
Exactly. Oh man it never fails to crack me up when they have the huge finance manager come intimidating/pressuring you to make the deal on their terms :rofl:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Exactly. Oh man it never fails to crack me up when they have the huge finance manager come intimidating/pressuring you to make the deal on their terms :rofl:
You can't go far wrong, if you keep remembering, when in the Dealership :-

"If their lips are moving, they are lying"

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah... car sales men... finance people... service advisors...

They're THE DEVIL!

1vm95x.jpg
Agreed, when I bought mine, I was paying in cash. I went to three different dealers because they all tried to either make me finance or pay a ridiculous price. Having cash in hand you're crazy if you think I'm going to let you convince me that 1K under sticker is losing you money. I flat out said to the guy, if that's the case then you would have your doors closed and lights off cuz your business would fail. Then he came back with several offers after speaking with his manager. In the end they offered me 3K under their initial ask. I said still too expensive and walked out. They called the next day with a lower offer, I declined and said, "I'll pay that if its the price after taxes and registration", they didn't like that. I finally bought one from a small town dealer who gave it to me for a steal. I paid about 5k under what it would have cost me, after taxes, from the other guys. All he wanted was to move inventory no sales bull crap, not highball nonsense, just good old fashioned trade, cash for car.

nox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Metallic Civic EX-T
Country flag
I went for oil dilution recall to a Honda dealer. They didn’t change oil but gave invoice that shows oil change was done. I drained almost quarter because the level was too high and sure enough there was that still same old dark brown engine oil. Bunch of crooks.

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
I went for oil dilution recall to a Honda dealer. They didn’t change oil but gave invoice that shows oil change was done. I drained almost quarter because the level was too high and sure enough there was that still same old dark brown engine oil. Bunch of crooks.
They said they changed mine during the recall. It was hard to tell if they did, oil life wasn't reset, oil was overfilled and just a little bit lighter. They didn't offer to change oil filter. I understand it doesn't need to be changed every time, but still they could at least offer. Lost one of the screws to the skid plate. Interior was filthy. Obviously they didn't care about workmanship, and I won't be going back.

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They said they changed mine during the recall. It was hard to tell if they did, oil life wasn't reset, oil was overfilled and just a little bit lighter. They didn't offer to change oil filter. I understand it doesn't need to be changed every time, but still they could at least offer. Lost one of the screws to the skid plate. Interior was filthy. Obviously they didn't care about workmanship, and I won't be going back.
Funny, they under filled my oil. It's close to the empty line.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
Honda servicing in Australia is a fixed price when you buy a new Honda, I believe it's 3 or 5 years the servicing you get will be a set price and no more. Do they not have this in America?

Also there is no such as "extended warranty" here either. You do get 5yrs warranty / unlimited kilometres with a new Honda here.
Sponsored

Last edited: