Lies dealer tell on servicing vehicle

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
To clarify, I do all of the maintenance on my cars myself. I enjoy doing it and I'm assured it's done right.
I know there are tons of topics on this here and online, but I've had enough from dealers. They're all friendly with their fake smiles and greetings when they really are there to take advantage of you. :banghead:
For example, we own a 2018 Odyssey which I just picked back up from service. Not only are the tires not rotated but they're like 7 PSI lower than specs. On top of that, they forgot to reset the MM. Thankfully the oil filter was changed though. First of all, where the hell is the service manager which verifies all the work was completed?? TBH dealers are for the elderly or people who just don't know any better, with all due respect.
How many of you have had similar experiences and what was your response?
Sponsored

Last edited:

baillieul

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
my view is that there are plenty of good dealers, and plenty of not so good dealers. If you enjoy doing the service yourself, do it.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
My R had a stupid oil changes package forced to be thrown into the deal, along with accessories I didn’t want.

I’m not letting them do it, so I guess it’s money down the drain. :(

Not too happy about it.

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
my view is that there are plenty of good dealers, and plenty of not so good dealers. If you enjoy doing the service yourself, do it.
I would, but just didn't have the time rn, and wanted it documented in the system in case of warranty issues arise

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My R had a stupid oil changes package forced to be thrown into the deal, along with accessories I didn’t want.

I’m not letting them do it, so I guess it’s money down the drain. :(

Not too happy about it.
Man, don't let that big finance manager scare you. Boy, he tried so hard on us to get unwanted accessories and oil change packages we just flatly said NO. He wasn't too happy with that.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
Man, don't let that big finance manager scare you. Boy, he tried so hard on us to get unwanted accessories and oil change packages we just flatly said NO. He wasn't too happy with that.
They don’t scare me at all. This was on the window and forced accessories since they don’t do ADM.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Everyone I talk to about their experience with the finance manager is so bad. I had the worst experience myself, and it all started when I told him flat out no about wanting any of the extras. In the end let's just say he handled the whole situation so unprofessionally, that his manager ended up getting involved and he was up shits creek. So sad, but you must stand firm!

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Everyone I talk to about their experience with the finance manager is so bad. I had the worst experience myself, and it all started when I told him flat out no about wanting any of the extras. In the end let's just say he handled the whole situation so unprofessionally, that his manager ended up getting involved and he was up shits creek. So sad, but you must stand firm!
They do that crap on purpose to scare you into buying it. It's always the dreaded "finanace room" people are scared of. And trust me, they make it realliy sinister looking lol. All part of their tactics. :rolleyes1:

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Went through this semi-debacle in Dec when I bought my Touring Coupe, the trade was fair, the OTD price on the car was acceptable, just wanted the 120/8yr Hondacare. Salesperson (female) almost apologized when she had to call the "finance guy", he proceeded to start a hard sell on a 3rd party insurance/maintenance package at $2400 or so, extremely obnoxious and pushy. Excused myself, went back to the salesperson and told her if we were going to complete the deal, that I (1) didn't want to see the finance guy again & (2) gave her a price I was willing to pay for the Hondacare. Came back the next day, dealt with a totally different person who just wrote me up for the price I indicated for the Hondacare, completed the deal as previously agreed upon, and the salesperson apologised. I had been previously advised on how to handle this by a good friend in the service department, worked well. I have always had excellent service and advice from the service department. In March, we bought my wife a new Fit, worked out all the pricing in advance, went through quick & easy. Even in a good dealership, a sleazy finance guy can totally screw up a sale, lose a sale, really tick off & lose a customer. You'd think they should screen these people more carefully, they create a lousy image for a quality brand. I think this guy actually embarrassed the sales person, he was nowhere in evidence during the Fit sale.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
To clarify, I do all of the maintenance on my cars myself. I enjoy doing it and I'm assured it's done right.
For example, we own a 2018 Odyssey which I just picked back up from service. Not only are the tires not rotated but they're like 7 PSI lower than specs. On top of that, they forgot to reset the MM. Thankfully the oil filter was changed though. First of all, where the hell is the service manager which verifies all the work was completed??
You start your post claiming you do all the maintenance on your cars yourself then you go into a story about your Odyssey van service at a dealership. Did you mean you do some of the maintenance on your cars?

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You start your post claiming you do all the maintenance on your cars yourself then you go into a story about your Odyssey van service at a dealership. Did you mean you do some of the maintenance on your cars?
Forgot to mention that I did not have the time to do so. Thats not relavant anyhow, point is they cheated me :mad:

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You have buy honda it's the most reliable car...15 mins later you need to buy this warranty if something breaks on these cars with electronics it's so exspensive it's only 5 dollars more a month...me "it's 2000 extra dollars.no thanks"....plus other dealers will sell you and extended honda warranty for 800 cash I got quotes

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Induction services biggest scam ever they just put a fuel treatment in there that you could do yourself in 5mins
Sponsored