LID Strip lights in Grill

BigSyd_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Hey.. I want to install LID Strip Lights in the grill of my Civic. I have LID lights on the interior underneath the footwell on the passenger and driver side. I was working on the project yesterday and ended up blowing a fuse. Blowing that fuse sent my car into Security Mode and I was unable to start it. I had to take it to the dealership and have them reset some stuff. Does anybody know how i can wire the lights correctly? I tried wiring them to the accessory fuse.. but it blew.
Sponsored

sunnysunday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t 2016
Country flag
Did you wire to the fuse box under the hood or in the cabin I'm wondering?

sunnysunday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t 2016
Country flag
I wired it to the fuse box under the driver foot well
I'd suggest you use a fuse tap and go through the fuse box under the hood. No wire splicing involved; if that is a concern of yours.

If you don't mind messing with the wires you can splice them into something like your headlights and I'd would imagine the strip would work whenever the headlights turn on.

OP
OP

BigSyd_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
I'd suggest you use a fuse tap and go through the fuse box under the hood. No wire splicing involved; if that is a concern of yours.

If you don't mind messing with the wires you can splice them into something like your headlights and I'd would imagine the strip would work whenever the headlights turn on.
No fuse needed.. I wired it directly to the battery. Works Great

Honda Civic 10th gen LID Strip lights in Grill IMG_4614.JPG

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Just wondering can you turn it on and off?

Hansford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Can we get a step by step? I'm wanting to do white or multi programmable colors.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently saw that Mercedes-Benz is illuminating their star logo like Iron Man-style.

Honda Civic 10th gen LID Strip lights in Grill mercedes-benz-three-pointed-star-illuminated

Would be interesting if Honda and others will do this for their emblems.

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Hey.. I want to install LID Strip Lights in the grill of my Civic. I have LID lights on the interior underneath the footwell on the passenger and driver side. I was working on the project yesterday and ended up blowing a fuse. Blowing that fuse sent my car into Security Mode and I was unable to start it. I had to take it to the dealership and have them reset some stuff. Does anybody know how i can wire the lights correctly? I tried wiring them to the accessory fuse.. but it blew.
They are LED, not LID!

LED = Light Emitting Diode

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
If I were to use a add a circuit to run LED strips, which slot in the fuse box would I put it in?