Legality of smoked/clear side markers?

AegeanHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Up here in Canada, I believe the law is that you are supposed to have amber reflectors on the front sides of the car and you *could* be ticketed for having a different color.

Has anyone ever had an issue with this? I imagine its a very unlikely thing to get hit for, and I would keep the old marker to switch back to the old ones, just not sure if anybody's been dinged for it in these parts.
Sponsored

c0572325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Up here in Canada, I believe the law is that you are supposed to have amber reflectors on the front sides of the car and you *could* be ticketed for having a different color.

Has anyone ever had an issue with this? I imagine its a very unlikely thing to get hit for, and I would keep the old marker to switch back to the old ones, just not sure if anybody's been dinged for it in these parts.
I believe it has to be lit amber. I put amber bulbs in so it still lights up amber, but is a clear lens.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Unless you drive like an asshole, or have some stupid mod to attract heat, no police officer will pull you over for sidemarkers.

Unless you put blue LEDs in them or something.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the clear side markers with amber bulbs. Police have been stopped beside me at a red light, driven past me, etc., and I have had no problems.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Amber light is generally the rule of thumb in terms of legality.

c0572325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Unless you drive like an asshole, or have some stupid mod to attract heat, no police officer will pull you over for sidemarkers.

Unless you put blue LEDs in them or something.
I got pulled over a few years ago because I had a blue LED licence plate light.

Space Lord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
I've had the smoked ones for almost 6 months and passed by dozens of cops because my work was next to a road construction zone and they were pulling people over like crazy for speeding and they never even looked at me. However it might be because the turn signals sometimes show through the clear housing and maybe they think those are the side markers?

vixty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 hatchback ex
Country flag
just look up your state laws. Here in Georgia it doesn't specify what color they have to be. It just mentions a turning light.

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
just look up your state laws. Here in Georgia it doesn't specify what color they have to be. It just mentions a turning light.
It's not a turning light though

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I wouldn't even bother with the protruding issue, no way is an officer going to ticket you because the plastic protrudes by 1 cm.
Sponsored