Leftover 18 Si... have a quote

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
wanted an Si for a while but took two other routes instead of the Civ. One was a 17 Accord Sport, which I loved, it the CVT was awful. I traded that in on a muscle car. I’ve had that car for over a year and while it is ridiculously fun to drive, it’s rarely driven due to parking issues, rain, gas guzzler... so, I pay a decent monthly payment but don’t ever really get to enjoy it. So I’m finding myself poking back at an Si.

I found an 18 leftover sedan in Aegean (same as my old 03 TL-S when I bought it new). Price is $22,800. No taxes as my trade is worth significantly more and I have thousands in equity.

So... opinions on the price? Another dealer offered me $22,106 but there aren’t any to dealer trade.

Appointment tomorrow to drive it and have my car appraised.
Sponsored

VooDuuChild

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si, Boosted Street and Track Monster 91 CRX Si.
Country flag
That's a good deal for sure. Sure, some states are cheaper....but in my state, I couldn't touch that price. These are great little gas sippers that with just a few mods are more fun.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
buy it. period.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
wanted an Si for a while but took two other routes instead of the Civ. One was a 17 Accord Sport, which I loved, it the CVT was awful. I traded that in on a muscle car. I’ve had that car for over a year and while it is ridiculously fun to drive, it’s rarely driven due to parking issues, rain, gas guzzler... so, I pay a decent monthly payment but don’t ever really get to enjoy it. So I’m finding myself poking back at an Si.

I found an 18 leftover sedan in Aegean (same as my old 03 TL-S when I bought it new). Price is $22,800. No taxes as my trade is worth significantly more and I have thousands in equity.

So... opinions on the price? Another dealer offered me $22,106 but there aren’t any to dealer trade.

What muscle car do you have that you can't drive it in the rain? Is it a hellcat or a demon?

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
your current car isnt a car, its a boat. its big and weighs more than tess holiday. like tess, its also ugly. whenever i think muscle car, the first thing that comes to mind is a dude with a mullet pulling up to his trailer home. now with that being said, yes its a fast boat - i get that.

the si is simply an amazing handling, light nimble car. it looks hot, and rides good - unlike your tess holiday lol it is also way more reliable than your boat. think about it like this: tess holiday is huge and diabetes will take her down fast. she wouldnt be reliable long term. now, with all that being said, the si is not fast, its quick.

trust me dude, youve been riding boats for too long now. first your accord boat and now your fat (muscle) car. if you get the si, you will thank me later.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag

2018 leftover Si Sedan (Agean Blue - GREAT COLOR !!) -- so Dealer is motivated to sell.

Three thing I would strongly advise:

(1) Have the tire pressures checks and set to correct PSI before the test drive.
(Sorry -- make SURE they are set correctly -- do not just take Dealer's word for it)
If you have a Tire pressure Gauge, take it with you.. then there can be no excuse .. if Dealer's Mechanics "Do not have the Time", then You and/or the dealer can check the tires.
Only test derive on tires with correct pressure.
"Tricky" Deals will lower the tire pressure, to improve the ride !!!
"Lazy" Dealers will not set the correct tire pressures, and they may still be set high for the "Strapped down" journey from the factory.

(2) Make sure you take a VERY LONG test drive.

(3) Make sure you take a VERY LONG test drive.

You need to drive this car for at least 30 minutes, preferably for an HOUR +.
You need to drive it on both Highway (Interstate) as well as the worst, bumpy roads you can can find.

Make sure you can adjust the seat height so that your head does not bump on the roof, when you go over a road bump.

Check that the Road Noise is acceptable to you.

Check that after 30 minutes, your Bum has not fallen asleep, and that you still feel comfortable. Check that your back is not beginning to feel pain or stiffness.

Yes, its a spirited ride, on the right roads.. we all now this -- this is a given.
What is the big unknown, is how YOUR BODY fits in the car over a reasonable period of time.

Take your time going over the car.. Inside & out. There may be a very good reason why it did not sell for so long. 1 hour would not be unreasonable. Make written notes of anything you find wrong.

Check for SAND in the engine compartment. Check for signs that the front or front sides have not been "Sand Blasted" ,, examine the paint carefully.
Take a Zip Lock bag with you, and put your hand in the bag, and then feel the paint finish. It is going to feel a little rough this way, but make sure it has the same roughness everywhere over the body of the car, front backs sides, top , bottom etc.

I am assuming it has the OEM Honda 18" Wheels.
If it has 19", make sure that that is really what you want - the ride will be significantly harder.

Obviously check the mileage -- if nothing else, that will be an indication of how many test drives the car may have had If mileage is high. RED FLAG... did someone have it and return it .. for a problem issue.

At $22,106 it is either a bargain, or a Lemon.
The more you can find wrong with it (but acceptable to you), the more bargaining power you have.

Lastly, unless you have money to burn, do NOT accept/pay for any added Accessories.
Do NOT let them do the Body Paint Protection.. they will just seal in dirt , and it will never be the same again.
Accessories, Body treatment, Extended service Plans .. just say NO.
You can always get those later, at a MUCH better price, and when you have time to consider EXACTLY what you want and do not want, without the Salesman or "Finance Manager" pressuring you.

Despite what the Salesman may tell you, this is NOT the last 2018 Honda, and its NOT "BUY IT NOW, or you will never get one".
Plenty of 2018 cars still out there at great prices, and getting better every month as the 2019 roll in.

Do not go in with the attitude, that if it is really bad, I can always walk away.
Walk in with the attitude, that you ARE going to walk away, unless you are 100% happy with everything you see.

If you can take someone with you, do so. Even if they know very little about cars, (Dealer does not know that ) and they will be there to support you and advise you, and it will not then just be You, up against the "High Pressure" - "eat the customer for Breakfast" Dealership team of Car selling "Professionals"

LOL With a friend with you, you can always do the Salesman trick, which will freak them out.
"Excuse me, I need to talk with my Car Expert about few things (over a cup of your free coffee), I'll get get back to in about 10 minutes."
If you want to push it, ask them to get you both the coffee, while you have a private discussion with your advisor" :rofl:

GOOD LUCK .. hope it is all you want it to be ... and more.

Last edited:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
your current car isnt a car, its a boat. its big and weighs more than tess holiday. like tess, its also ugly. whenever i think muscle car, the first thing that comes to mind is a dude with a mullet pulling up to his trailer home. now with that being said, yes its a fast boat - i get that.

the si is simply an amazing handling, light nimble car. it looks hot, and rides good - unlike your tess holiday lol it is also way more reliable than your boat. think about it like this: tess holiday is huge and diabetes will take her down fast. she wouldnt be reliable long term. now, with all that being said, the si is not fast, its quick.

trust me dude, youve been riding boats for too long now. first your accord boat and now your fat (muscle) car. if you get the si, you will thank me later.
lol .. well I know what I would prefer to be in with a head-on crash.

Honda Civic 10th gen Leftover 18 Si... have a quote 2016-Honda-Civic-Ex-front-right-30252717

And there is nothing the matter with Boats !!!

You can't water ski from behind a Honda Si !! :rofl:

Honda Civic 10th gen Leftover 18 Si... have a quote ba99e1ce-9b0a-4e13-82f4-5ba42c46aafd

And yes, my two Nissan Maxima's are BOATS ... and I enjoy driving them -- but obviously not in the same way as the SI :drive:

Last edited:

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
id prefer to be in a semi truck in a head on crash, but i wouldnt want to drive one for fun or spirited drives.

and you can always skateboard ski from behind an si..

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
id prefer to be in a semi truck in a head on crash, but i wouldnt want to drive one for fun or spirited drives.

and you can always skateboard ski from behind an si..
Go for it Dude !!:headbang:

:doh:

thatlilwhiteone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 civicsi SOLD
Country flag
You should be able to get them to 21 at least.

MarkR171

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si, '17 MX5, '01 Miata
Country flag
You should be able to get them to 21 at least.
I bought my 2019 on the last day of November for 23k flat. 22k is not low enough to justify buying a model year older. It will be a year older in terms of used car value immediately regardless of how long you've owned it... and the 2019 has a volume knob!

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
The 22k price is high by itself. Although, without the trade in numbers, it is hard to say how the overall deal looks.

PaulME

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe, 2017 CRV, 2002 Mercedes E320 wagon, 2001 E320 Wagon, 2002 E320 sedan, 1986 944T, 1972 land Rover
Country flag
Roughly a month ago got 22.3 by just getting internet bids, so sub 23 shoukd be fairly easy. Assuming your going to keep it for a while who cares if it is a 18 or 19? When I bought they would not deal on 19s and a couple thou is an awful lot for a volume knob.

As stated skip any dealer installed accessories. I did get the winter floor mats thrown in for the 22.3

Good luck
Paul

Dicecube

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
your current car isnt a car, its a boat. its big and weighs more than tess holiday. like tess, its also ugly. whenever i think muscle car, the first thing that comes to mind is a dude with a mullet pulling up to his trailer home.
That's pretty stereotypical and possibly racist

OP
OP
Dan9908

Dan9908

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Accord Sport 2.0/A10, 05 Civic LX
Country flag
Current is a Scatpack Charger
Sponsored