Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
I got diode dynamic LED bulbs for the low beams and they're about twice as bright and throw a good 20-30ft further too. The are fan cooled but you only hear the fans when the engine is off so nothing crazy. Used them in every temp and when it rains on new pavement you can't see shit but everything else is great. Stock halogens in the same rain on new pavement were not any better though.

I also never got anyone flashing their lights at me.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I owned both Morimoto LED and Morimoto HID kit. Started with HID's in my Low Beams with LEDs in my high beams. That combo is insane. Though their were never a time I needed too use both. The output is beyond satisfying. Unfortinely my hids went bad. I had them for many years prior to owning my Civic. Was so impressed with my LED Hi-Beam's, I wanted to see if LED Low Beams bulbs would have such a wow factory. Sadly, I lost a lot of light; was not happy. Dont get me wrong, Morimoto LED kit is better than factory, but not in any way in the same playing field as hid's.
My morimoto kit finally crapped the bed and so I decided to try the Lightwerkz S-v.4 LED h11. They are not HIDs but work way better than the trash LEDs I tried before. They dont wash out in the rain and dont have a bunch of dark spots in the beam pattern.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
I've been really impressed with the OEM LED headlights. I also have an EP3 and a BMW with Xenons which on paper have a higher output but the LEDs perform just as well in real world conditions. I like how they're 100% on when I turn them on and there's no warm up/colour change as with HID. The cutoff is really sharp too.

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Morimoto D2S 5.0
Philips XV2
Honda Civic 10th gen LED VS HID 119920887_2527946374169633_3543104401691049312_n

Honda Civic 10th gen LED VS HID 118920517_2712257359046892_7050751435481068844_n

Honda Civic 10th gen LED VS HID 120234586_339036984010602_3384793359201363359_n

Honda Civic 10th gen LED VS HID IMG_1128

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
My morimoto kit finally crapped the bed and so I decided to try the Lightwerkz S-v.4 LED h11. They are not HIDs but work way better than the trash LEDs I tried before. They dont wash out in the rain and dont have a bunch of dark spots in the beam pattern.
Can you post a pic. Against the wall ? Please
Im thinking of getting them too.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you want functionality over looks, although HIDs look great too, then go HIDs. If you dont care that your lights wont help you in the rain, go with LEDs they'll look awesome until you cant see in a rainstorm. I have had both in my civic. i thought the LEDs were good and had good throw down the road until I drove in the rain. I couldnt see crap and it was just your average rain. I have the Morimoto HID Elite 35W 6500K kit and it works great
How w
If you want functionality over looks, although HIDs look great too, then go HIDs. If you dont care that your lights wont help you in the rain, go with LEDs they'll look awesome until you cant see in a rainstorm. I have had both in my civic. i thought the LEDs were good and had good throw down the road until I drove in the rain. I couldnt see crap and it was just your average rain. I have the Morimoto HID Elite 35W 6500K kit and it works great
How well has Morimoto HID work for you? Planning to get HID 35w 6500k

Leef

First Name
Leef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Modern Steel Metallic
Country flag
How w

How well has Morimoto HID work for you? Planning to get HID 35w 6500k
Love the Mori HIDs. The LEDs are also an improvement over stock and perhaps less expensive. But Dallas' and others who commented about performance in rain made the HIDs the best all-weather choice for me. Just wish I could come up with a solution for the high beams. Any suggestions are welcome.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Love the Mori HIDs. The LEDs are also an improvement over stock and perhaps less expensive. But Dallas' and others who commented about performance in rain made the HIDs the best all-weather choice for me. Just wish I could come up with a solution for the high beams. Any suggestions are welcome.
Do they look bluish over 6000k?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They did great for about 5 years, then I had a fuse burn up and a ballast go bad. I actually tried some high end LED called S-v.4 from Lightwerkx and they work great. The HIDs were still better but these leds actually have a good beam pattern in our projectors compared to the cheaper ones I've seen/used. https://lightwerkz.net/collections/sv4/products/h11-h9-h8-s-v-4-led-bulb-single
I try those i like the beam pattern the sv.4 leds
But there is a little shadow on my driver side right below the hotspot to the left . I got this to.get more light down the.road i was using 2stroke 2.0 morimoto which work better nice beam.patern and no shadows

Honda Civic 10th gen LED VS HID 20210704_210443

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They did great for about 5 years, then I had a fuse burn up and a ballast go bad. I actually tried some high end LED called S-v.4 from Lightwerkx and they work great. The HIDs were still better but these leds actually have a good beam pattern in our projectors compared to the cheaper ones I've seen/used. https://lightwerkz.net/collections/sv4/products/h11-h9-h8-s-v-4-led-bulb-single
I have a question i just order the morimoto hid kit for our cars from retrofit . Do I use the Relay it.comes with ,? or other type of.relay the 4 point relay i think thats what its call. I read somewhere here in this forum

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a question i just order the morimoto hid kit for our cars from retrofit . Do I use the Relay it.comes with ,? or other type of.relay the 4 point relay i think thats what its call. I read somewhere here in this forum
I used the relay that came with it.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gonna kick-start this again. Still rocking that DDM 55w kit, but trying to see if we finally have an LED alternative?
Sponsored