LED VS HID

pdimar25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Ive been telling people this forever and ever and ever here and facebook and I get called a moron, stupid, dont know what Im talking about and Im like, Ive used them all and HID in out projectors is superior. Problem is cheap skate mofos are too cheap to try a good HID kit and will just scream loudly, "LED is the future BRAH" Glad you finally found your way down the right path
Now I never had LEDs put in but I spent plenty of time on this thread and other figuring out a final answer. I never got one so I went and bought like $40 halogens and tried those, they were good but I drive highway at night most of the time and the throw was not far enough. I finally caved in and bought HIDs and it’s incredible. Highly recommend. I think my next step is putting LEDs in the taillights to match the housing lights.
Sponsored

madness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L Hatch
Guys, For the longest time I have been saying LED is better, LED this, LED that. I decided to make the switch to an HID kit, And LET ME TELL YOU IT IS AMAZING!! I can see everything in front of me perfectly, It lights up everything coming up, It is completely amazing! I would recommend an HID kit to anyone now!

1BAC9B42-9815-445B-8E30-83F1A04FF014.jpeg

4980AD6E-075D-49B5-B186-CA3E7BCBB303.jpeg
did you go with the 35W ballasts or 50W? I'm looking at Morimoto H11 but can't decide which one to go with. it would help a lot if you can tell me what you got.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
did you go with the 35W ballasts or 50W? I'm looking at Morimoto H11 but can't decide which one to go with. it would help a lot if you can tell me what you got.
you really only need the 35w. the 55w puts extra strain on the system and the warranty is only 3 years instead of 5 on the 35w. Make sure you buy the H11B bulbs

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
After months of debating either LED or HID, I finally ordered the morimoto HID. I should be able to install it by friday.

From scale 1-10 how hard is the install? I just installed the morimoto led fogs and i scale the difficulty of installation of that 3/10

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After months of debating either LED or HID, I finally ordered the morimoto HID. I should be able to install it by friday.

From scale 1-10 how hard is the install? I just installed the morimoto led fogs and i scale the difficulty of installation of that 3/10
Installing was easy, mounting the ballasts meant removing the bumper

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
Ive been telling people this forever and ever and ever here and facebook and I get called a moron, stupid, dont know what Im talking about and Im like, Ive used them all and HID in out projectors is superior. Problem is cheap skate mofos are too cheap to try a good HID kit and will just scream loudly, "LED is the future BRAH" Glad you finally found your way down the right path
Thanks for your advice.
So money aside how do these $200 HID kits compare with the OEM led touring headlights?
I've seen a couple of CTR owners replace their LEDs with retrofits, but the reasons were unclear and I figured they did so as serial 'modders'
The LED jewel lights on my Acura are absolutely brilliant.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for your advice.
So money aside how do these $200 HID kits compare with the OEM led touring headlights?
I've seen a couple of CTR owners replace their LEDs with retrofits, but the reasons were unclear and I figured they did so as serial 'modders'
The LED jewel lights on my Acura are absolutely brilliant.
The factory LED headlights are better than halogen... but not much. Retrofit projector HID is vastly superior.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the 35W Innovited Premium Canbus HID Kit
seems to have gotten good reviews on Amazon & here.
Price was good, and with CC rewards and a b-day gift card, it cost me $4! lol
There's not many 'H11b' options...is why I went that way...

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Having dealt with HID and LED on cars coming at me I appreciate the trend of LEDs. They don’t blind everyone so I’m glad they’re the future

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
The factory LED headlights are better than halogen... but not much. Retrofit projector HID is vastly superior.
makes sense as factory LEDs are offered as a model upgrade over halogens but my question is are factory LEDs better than any of the discussed pnp HIDs

You dont need to spend $200 to get a good HID kit. You can see my output from my post earlier, My kit was nowhere near that price. I believe my bulbs were $40 and my ballasts were $30.
ok $70 not $200 because not brand m, but I still wonder the comparison between a $70 HID kit and factory LEDs

Also does having the automatic high beans cause any problems using these pnp HID bulbs?
The halogens are so terrible I can't wait to make the change
Thanks

Last edited:

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
HIDs are far superior to LEDs. Getting blinded has nothing to do with the bulb its about the headlight not being aimed properly. Please do research before making a false claim like this.

LEDs are far from being able to compete with HIDs
HIDs are significantly brighter which makes them prone to having a blinding aspect. The fact that most of the subros who put them on their WRX can't aim them is the reason i hate them. I won't argue about whether they work, it's just that 90% of people who have them suck at the application aspect, so them not existing would solve more than it would hurt.

But given that LED is the future HIDs will be gone eventually.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it's just that 90% of people who have them suck at the application aspect
This sounds like all of the cheap led I see in reflector housings blinding everyone now...

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm just too lazy to install hids and upgrade the wires etc

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Just installed my morimoto HID elite last night. Removed the bumper and double taped the ballast under the bumper. Its my first hid and have question. Can the cable be extended wihout loosing performance? What is the lifespan of these hid?
Sponsored