LED VS HID

First Name
SerJorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just installed Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0's today on my '18 Sport.

Below is a comparison of halogen vs LEDs. Didn't go through entire thread, so sorry if someone already posted comparison photo's before in thread.

Honda Civic 10th gen LED VS HID stock halogen

Honda Civic 10th gen LED VS HID morimoto 2stroke 2.0

FK7Hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Shopping for pnp Hid upgrade for my Hatchback and my initial thought from reading the boards was to go with Morimoto Elites but then talking with one of the few Canadian companies that is an Authorized Dealer/Distributor of Morimoto and they are pointing me in a different direction.. theu recommend Hylux/CN Lights kit.
https://www.prolightz.com/hid/hid-systems/hylux-cn-light-combo-hid-system.html
They claim it performs just as well as the Morimoto and has had less issues with reliabilty and they are actually a few bucks cheaper than the Morimoto Elites.
I'm not worried about the extra money for the Morimoto's if they are in fact the better, more dependable hid's but if others are seeing positive results with the Hylux/CN Lights setup, well then, my decision will be more difficult.

Does anyone have experience with this kit and/or CN Lights (bulbs)?

Thanks in advance.
Morimoto is just a name.. they get all their crap from the same OEM in China as most. Hylux is the king in aftermarket ballast, so much so that the new Morimoto xb35 and 55 2.0 are made by HYLUX. I dont know about bulbs, but Morimoto bulbs have inconsistent color, and lightwerkz (a morimoto authorized dealer) prefers using oem or NHK bulbs

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Morimoto is just a name.. they get all their crap from the same OEM in China as most. Hylux is the king in aftermarket ballast, so much so that the new Morimoto xb35 and 55 2.0 are made by HYLUX. I dont know about bulbs, but Morimoto bulbs have inconsistent color, and lightwerkz (a morimoto authorized dealer) prefers using oem or NHK bulbs
Morimoto is what I would call the "best bang for your buck" brand. You're right, there is way better equipment out there... but you're going to really pay for that premium. This is why I've never ran Osram bulbs... Can't justify the price when Morimoto is "good enough" for me.

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I want to upgrade my current halogen bulbs to HID. Im new to HID. These morimoto ellite are drop in to our halogen projector? No need to re aim? What kind of risk involve to install one HID?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want to upgrade my current halogen bulbs to HID. Im new to HID. These morimoto ellite are drop in to our halogen projector? No need to re aim? What kind of risk involve to install one HID?
They fit the existing housings and wiring. There are a couple extra plugs but the instructions are easy to follow. Running the relay is easy too. You will not need to re aim the projectors.

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will be getting the same set-up today I will let you know how the install goes...

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nola represent, also I was wondering what those yellow/tan rubber grommets are for on the bulbs themselves, I couldn't figure out what to do with mine and I didn't want to cut them off. I just pushed them as close to the bulb as I could.
Yeah any tips for the install would be much appreciated

pdimar25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Yeah any tips for the install would be much appreciated
Real easy instructions to follow and they have tags on the wires so that's a plus. I took my time and wired everything and put the bulbs in the socket and powered on before mounting and such. I took the positive end off the post on the battery and the negative I can't exactly remember but somewhere by the battery or fuse box. Tie wrapped the relays and ballasts and loose wire around the front frame, haven't had any problems in wet/rainy/damp weather. Make sure all the connections are solid and tight and they all have the gaskets. Drive around for a few minutes to reset traction / tire pressure, etc.

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They are completely wrong, I had premium top of the line LED bulbs in my car that costed close to $200, I know have a set of $40 Mirimoto H11 HID bulbs rated at 5500K and 35w Ballasts, This setup is much much brighter than the LED and offers a better beam pattern.

IMO HID is still superior.
Ive been telling people this forever and ever and ever here and facebook and I get called a moron, stupid, dont know what Im talking about and Im like, Ive used them all and HID in out projectors is superior. Problem is cheap skate mofos are too cheap to try a good HID kit and will just scream loudly, "LED is the future BRAH" Glad you finally found your way down the right path
Sponsored